Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bass_n_ed

Are Nest and Green Frozen Yet?

5 posts in this topic

confused.gifLooking to go fish either Nest or Green Sunday. Just wondering if anyone could tell me if the lakes are open yet. If they are open what working right now?

can't say if they are froze up yet but maybe along the shorelines out of the wind, I was wondering if the docks on the public access' are still in the water? tough to land my boat without a dock

bass n ed.

Green is open! Ramp in town OK! Fish are still biting! Troll a deep diving jerk bait along the 8-20 ft. breaks. If you can find some weeds along the breaks that will help. Use your electric if it isn't to windy. If you go over to Nest you'll need to break a bit of ice. Be careful out there! The water is COLD!!!!!!!! Worth the effort though! Yesterday I got a pair of sixes and fives. Some bonus smallmouth and northern to. Good Luck! If you see a old guy in a little tin boat that will be me.

was on nest sunday morning, the duck hunters broke trail for me , beautiful day on the lake, too bad the eyes were'nt cooperating.

Thanks for the info, I made it to Green and cauught several fish. Found fishing hard. Water temps 40-42. Fish were all caught 8-20 feet. East landing on nest was frozen. You must have used the West access.