Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pastfan

St. Louis

8 posts in this topic

Anyone been out on the river lately? I'm thinking about getting out a couple times this weekend and wondering if it would be worth it or if I should hit up one of the area lakes. Good luck on the horned critters this weekend all!!

Did a bit of shore casting the other day. Best action was under the Oliver bridge. Nothing special just a few decent eyes, 1 pike and I think I had a crappie on. Hair jigs and plastics on a jig. Tossed a couple cranks with no luck.

I would concentrate on deep stretches after flats just like the one below the oliver bridge or before walleye alleye. The mudslide may pay off with some Crappies.

My boat was cleaned up but if I get decent weather Tues/Wed I may have to give it one more try.

Let us know how ya do.

I ended up doing "chores" this weekend so wasnt able to get out. I do have a clean garage though! NL did you go out on the river this weekend? I think im taking wed off work to get out there, will let ya know how I do.

No I worked all weekend and my furnace took a crap so I didnt get out at all.

Ill be out tonight after work (3pm) and then the next 2 days look good as well. Then its time to winterize the boat and get set for ice fishing.

Docks are pulled up river so I will probably put in under the High Bridge.

Went out on the St. Louis for about an hour an a half last night and found the best walleye bite I've found all year on the river. Fishing the channel break on the wind side. 23-27 ft was best. Caught 14 fish, biggest was 22.5" and smallest was 15". Majority were fat 18". They would inhale the jig, it was what walleye fisherman dream of for a jig bite. Be back out one last time tonight hopefully.

nblasin where abouts were ya? Im headed out on a all dayer tomorrow. Anyone want to join in on the fun e-mail me tonight. Ill get out about 9am and fish til just before dark. Im thinking the shiznit plant should be hot now.

Im also thinking the long deep stretch below oliver should hold some fish as well.

nblasin what did ya find out tonight? Im heading out tomorrow for 1 last try. Please e-mail me anything that may help me. Thanks.

Sorry Northlander I tried to send you an email last night but it must not have went through. Went back out last night and only caught one 18.5" and had a few other hits. The boat is now put to bed....unless we get another warm spell.