Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ice_it_06

small 12V charging question

6 posts in this topic

Will a (110) charger you get with your flashers & cameras charge "multiple" batteries connected in parallel @ the same time ?

I'm getting (2) new 12V 7 amp batteries to power all my led lighting and low amp accessories and putting them in a portable case.

Upon "recharge" which should be a very minimul need I was wondering if the normal (110) charger from my LX-3 or aqua view would top off these batteries equally @ the same time.

I would stick to the charger that you got with the Marcum. I dont know how charging with 110 would effect it and it may void a warranty?

That was my intention to use the 500MA charger you get with the 7amp batteries for items such as the Marcum LX-3.

I was just curious if (2) hooked in parallel would charge as (1) ?

Yes, but it will take approximately twice as long.

I wouldnt charge them in parallel... I have charged 12V that way before and it worked fine when the batteries were all at an equal state of charge.. when they werent, it fried a battery.

If you live in the cities, axman surplus has some good 12v chargers for about $10-$12. You'll have to add the wire leads yourself. They have charging indcator lights and automaticly shut off at full charge.

I know it is essential to make sure the batteries are of same model, age and charge. The larger 12V deep cycles I do the same by buying (2) new ones of same identity and bring to a full charge before I connect them parallel and charge as such there after!!