Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dhenry

Tonight

5 posts in this topic

Anyone headed up tonight? Do you think the skimice will be gone?

im looking at it right now and there doesnt look like any ice to me

D, We'll be up tomorrow night. Not sure where we will be fishing though. Give me a call on your way up.

There was some ice in the bay but I think it was from Friday night when it got 17. But what a weekend to get out. The best so far, now the problem is how to get some eaters. I have no fish right now and all I can catch is 26 and 27 inch fish. What a problem....... grin.gif

The area we were fishing was loaded with 18 - 22" fish after ~10:00 pm. On any one of the 3 nights we were there we could have easily put a 2-person limit of quality eating sized fish in the boat in 30 minutes. Our bigger fish actually came between 3:30 - 7:30 pm.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• troutman72
      Cannons a go good 3 inches where I check and two guys out 100 yards
    • Surface Tension
      We're making ice now. 0 degrees in Twig   I measured a spot along my shore that had opened during the warm up and found 4" of ice. If I thought about going out to deeper water I for sure would use caution and chisel my way.
    • Surface Tension
      Yes SA fills tanks and should be able to fill a 30 lb tank but they charge a flat rate.  So if your tank is half full or empty you pay the same flat rate.    Uhaul charges by weight and you pay for what they put in.   Both are cheaper then the tank exchange and most tank exchange are 17 lb whereas SA and Uhaul fills to 20 lb.  When you figure that in your paying a lot more for convenience.    One more detail.  If your tank is out of date and needs a new inspection it can't be filled by UHaul or SA BUT the tank exchange will take them.
    • Surface Tension
      I don't know of any product that will keep a pair work gloves dry.  Sure you can spray a water repellent on them that might bead rain water off but go work in them and they'll be saturated.   If your wearing the gloves for protection having them wet isn't the end of the world but if you need protection and warmth I bring a few pairs on the job.  Or you can purchase some hi-tech stuff that claims to be waterproof but a I know of none that will stand up to be a true work glove.    When I think of work boot I'm thinking leather.   I use Sno-Seal.  It stands up to a hard day on the job and Will keep your feet dry.  Being a wax base dirt will stick to it in warmer temps but bring on the cooler temps and it shines.   You could get a boot like Mucks but they will not hold up like a leather work boot.  So it depends on what type of work I guess. 
    • moderation
      What about Super America at Pike Lake? I think they do the same, with better hours. they refill out of big tank.