Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JOHN T jr.

494 launch

4 posts in this topic

I'm new to pool #2. Am planning to try it this weekend...Just how dose a person get to that 494 launch area. I will be comming from the west on 494. Thanks a lot guys in addvance.. See you on the water.

Exit on Hardman Ave, and go west. The road right in front of The Sportsmans Guide is the one you want to turn on, it says "Dead End". There used to be a "Water Access" sign on the corner, but no longe. If you go over the RR tracks you have gone to far. The distance from exit ramp to the turn off of Hardman Ave turn off is about 1/4 mile. See you out there, I will be in a Lund 1800 Explorer SS/Yamaha F150.

Joe, I think the Hardman ave exit might be closed right now? I would exit right at Fury dodge, go down the ramp and take a left. Then you come up to a light and take right on Villaume by the bestwestern. You go through two stop signs and take a left on Hardman then go to the dead sign like Joe mentions. I just came back from fishing tonight and caught a few fish. They preferred chartruese ringworms. Caught 2 white bass, a 20, 22 and a 23 inch walleye. I lost another nice one under the boat, guessing 25ish, and another broke my line that hit after dark on top of a wingie. Some moon light would have been nice, but the darn clouds blocked it.

Thanks guys ...This why I love this web site. We have the best group of sportsmen in the state.. Thanks agian.Now all I have to do is not get lost. It sounds like the fish are in the area..I hope that I have what they"re hungry for......