Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
harvey lee

Gold Glove

12 posts in this topic

Looks like Tory wins Number 6.

Figured he would....sure hope he can get healthy and regain his Gold Glove form.... smirk.gif

Castillo should have won too.

Punto sure made a run for it too this year at 3rd..

I think if Punto would have played 3rd the whole year he would have had a serious run at a gold glove.

There's an ESPN report that says Hunter was next to last for CFers when it came to clutch defensive plays.

Good point, Boilerguy.

Punto played great but to out play Chavez at third is no small task. Remember only one player per position gets the award so do you all think Punto really out played Chavez? Not from what I saw, Chavez is a stud.

Quote:

Punto sure made a run for it too this year at 3rd..

The only consideration Punto recieved is he played 3rd base. There was absolutely NO WAY he had a chance to win. How can Punto be put ahead of Lowell, Crede, Chavez, Inge all more deserving then punto.

I think your right, Punto would have recieved a gold glove if he would have played the whole year at third. Hopefully next year he will and recieve that gold glove.

Quote:

I think your right, Punto would have recieved a gold glove if he would have played the whole year at third. Hopefully next year he will and recieve that gold glove.

Nope... frown.gif.... the Gold Glove is not awarded to the best fielder of the current year it's awarded based on past fielding plus player popularity and believe it or not offensive numbers influence the voting. shocked.gif

Punto had no chance to win the Gold Glove this year.

WOW, noone mentioned Morneau, he improved 20 fold from previous years, and looked very good. And my personal favorite that got hosed- Michael Cuddyer. Moving him to the OF was a very wise move, he was throwing guys out at 3rd and home on the fly and one hops all season, even made a few diving catches, looked very sharp.