Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tom Linderholm

Archery Targets Stolen

11 posts in this topic

This morning I woke to my brother in law calling me and asking if I was pranking him by taking all of his targets. Unfortunately I wasn't.

Stolen off of Hwy 13 near Poplar, Wi 6 targets including 2 deer, 1 bear, 1 turkey, 1 block, 1 boar.

Anyone with any info should contact me via my email in my signature.

That sucks. Just shows ya no matter where ya live there is still losers all over. Put some more out and wate for them and get pics of them and their ride. Then let everyone in the neighborhood know who they are. The rest will take care of itself. Oh and call the police too.

Unfortunatly the ones they left aren't worth the effort. Gonna take some time to rebuild that shooting range. May have to cement them in next time.

Cheffrey

With all the stand stolen in the Duluth city Hunt and now targets some one should now some thing, Or we should try shopping EBay? Hope he finds the person or person's responsible for this. This Sucks hope he can get them back shocked.gif.

With the winds we've had is it possible they blew away?

That bites the big one ,,,today I had a friend call and tell Me he had 2 stands and 2 trail cameras taken off his private/posted land ,,,back when I bow hunted I would chain and lock my stand or take it with me ,,,the 2% of bad sportsman are spread all over this state ,,so if You want to keep it ,,,take it with You!!!

Randoid

Man it takes balls to steal from a guy who you know will more than likely have a deadly weapon should he see you taking his property. crazy.gif

DINKS

Yes, thieves are scum of the earth.

I agree Steve, stealing from hunters is a dangerous proposition.

I wish this to be the case Frank. We had them in the ground pretty good. Sherriff knows, talked to the mailman to keep his eye out. Homeowners insurance will be taking care of a portion of it.

what a shame too

sorry to hear of your troubles

truely sad thing is there are so many good sportsmen out there that are given a bad name by this kinda behavior

an its generally done by a couple ignorant people

hope ya get yer stuff back

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• I plan on taking all my ice fishing equipment out of my shed this week I cant wait

• fins_n'_feathers

Posted

any  reports from today? we pounded through the washing machine waves all day and got nothing! Lead core,jigging, spinners haha! Ended up getting all our keepers within a mile of home when it was all over! Who else was out there? Am I the only one that did poor today?

• proguide

Posted

Cool nights and only a few warming hours each day have water temps coming down into the 50s this week.  This is actually pretty normal for the last week of September so there is nothing to odd here. 

The catfish have slowed down over the past few days with this cool off.  They are still around to catch.  They are hanging near structure, usually on the drop off to the channel right next to it.  They are also on the softer side of the current in holes.  It seems that longer sit times are in order this week to allow the fish to come out, find and decide to eat the bait.

Sucker seems to be the bait of choice right now.  Frogs just have not been getting any attention.

• leech~~

Posted

26 minutes ago, DANR said:

From the fall Pelican Lakes Association newsletter - DNR Fisheries Update:

You may have heard about the 454 adult cormorantsthat were removed from Gooseberrry Island this May by the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Wildlife Services Unit under a permit from the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.  DNR staff looked at the stomach contents of 30 birds. Eleven of those birds had stomach contents including: 38 perch (mostly 4- inchers), 7 spot-tail shiners, 7 bluegills, 6 crappies, 1 rock bass, 1 pike, and zero walleyes.

Thanks for the Update.  Hopefully they shoot 400 more next spring! :):)

• FishinCT

Posted

They were really slow today. I fished hard all day and didn't manage much. Went over tons of fish and they weren't active at all. Should get better as the weekend gets closer...I hope

• gizmoguy

Posted

Go with steel. Contact Isle supply.

• From the fall Pelican Lakes Association newsletter - DNR Fisheries Update:

You may have heard about the 454 adult cormorantsthat were removed from Gooseberrry Island this May by the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Wildlife Services Unit under a permit from the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.  DNR staff looked at the stomach contents of 30 birds. Eleven of those birds had stomach contents including: 38 perch (mostly 4- inchers), 7 spot-tail shiners, 7 bluegills, 6 crappies, 1 rock bass, 1 pike, and zero walleyes. 

• Hello Friends:

Looking for some help as I've been up here since yesterday morning and only two 22" walleyes. I've fished fairly hard (5 or 6 hours) and tried all of my normal spots in Frazer/Smarts/Narrows area using all presentations with minnows and crawlers. Would love to have a walleye dinner (couple of 15's) for my black lab and I tomorrow night and any suggestions would be welcomed.

I'm not looking for spots, but general depth and bait.

Thanks guys

Andy

• delcecchi

Posted

It is great.  I don't know if they are still doing grumpy gary chicken this time of year but it is good.  They have specials on various nights, at least in summer.  

• Sculpin

Posted

Dennis Anderson, Outdoor writer for the Minneapolis Tribune had a nice write up on the duck opener at Pelican. In addition there were some locals quoted on duck hunting there. Sounds like the ducks are back, and they have the water levels well under control.

• ZachD
      I plan on taking all my ice fishing equipment out of my shed this week I cant wait
    • fins_n'_feathers
      any  reports from today? we pounded through the washing machine waves all day and got nothing! Lead core,jigging, spinners haha! Ended up getting all our keepers within a mile of home when it was all over! Who else was out there? Am I the only one that did poor today?
    • proguide
      Cool nights and only a few warming hours each day have water temps coming down into the 50s this week.  This is actually pretty normal for the last week of September so there is nothing to odd here. 
        The catfish have slowed down over the past few days with this cool off.  They are still around to catch.  They are hanging near structure, usually on the drop off to the channel right next to it.  They are also on the softer side of the current in holes.  It seems that longer sit times are in order this week to allow the fish to come out, find and decide to eat the bait.
        Sucker seems to be the bait of choice right now.  Frogs just have not been getting any attention.
    • leech~~
      Thanks for the Update.  Hopefully they shoot 400 more next spring!
    • FishinCT
      They were really slow today. I fished hard all day and didn't manage much. Went over tons of fish and they weren't active at all. Should get better as the weekend gets closer...I hope