Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CALVINIST

Mr. Stanley...

33 posts in this topic

I must have accidentally deleted your e-mail address. Anyway, I have monday and tuesday off next week, wondering if you would like to head to the river? If not, could you e-mail me your address again and give me a report on what's going on there? I might go it alone. I would not be able to make it this weekend, as I have to work, but maybe next?

Next weekend Nov 11 is a FM get together on Pool 4. I am bumming a ride with another FMer so I won't be taking my boat down. Some of the Pro Staff are loooking for an open seat if you want to haul yours down that day. Check the Pool 4 forum.I can get out on Tonka Monday and Tuesday night but nothing during the day sorry. I haven't been out on Tonka for over 3 weeks -been fishing elsewhere but it's time to do some eye hunting. Email is markkstanley@msn.com.

Thanks for the tip on the FM get-together...that might be fun.

Hey Casey,

Have you hit up any of those big fall walleyes yet?

Carpie-boy! How is life treating you these days? Any "young carps" on the way? haha! I haven't been fishing for quite awhile, so no, I haven't hit my late fall walleye spot yet, althought the weather was prime a couple times. Would like to hit it at least once before the boat goes bye for the winter. (I might just do it tonight) I suppose you are anxious to hit first ice then?

Nope no young carpies just yet. I haven't been out all that much since summer. I'd say we're more than overdue to do some fishing sometime. I watched my In Fisherman ice fishing video last night and that got me all fired up. I might just try firing up the auger this weekend to see if it will start.

Just don't bring it to bed with you. You're wife might not approve! tongue.gif

Carp, Cyberfish knows (and I don't) of a spot for some slab river crappies this time of year, maybe we'll have to get you out there some saturday?

Mark, I have some questions for you regarding the river, so watch your e-mail.

The marinas on Pool 4 are putting out crappies right now. If we could find something closer I am up for it.

Mark, I'll see if I can come up with the info. Probably have to beat it out of Cyberfish shocked.gif

Ha! you will get the info my taking me out in your boat calvinizer grin.gif

The slabbers were stacked like cordwood today, me and Juggs got 40 or so.

slab4.jpg

slab3.jpg

Slabbadabbadooo!

Holy Cow. Nice day to be out.

I'll provide the boat grin.gif Nice crappies. Casey, my tow vehicle is in the shop for the week so I can't tow my boat. Can you get out anytime this week? Mon thru weds works for me.

Cybermaniac,

Nice slabbers!

Mark, I have all day monday off, and was planning on doing something then. Can you get out during the day tomorrow?

I suppose you gotta work during the day? Don't know about tomorrow night, though.

Mark,

Monday, Tuesday and wednesday evenings don't look good. I can still get out for a few hours monday morning. Since the temps are a bit mild for the river, I thought I would poke around the on the lake we fished this spring and see if I can locate some 1st ice spots. Tell me if I am wrong on the temp/river thing.

Pool 2 is really putting out walleyes right now. I've been planning to hit that lake too and maybe Sarah but that will be the 18th for me unless weather is too nice to pass up on the big pond.

Mark,

You want to join us in Grand Rapids? So far we have six going, room for a couple more. That would be the weekend of the 6 and 7th of january.

I'd love to but I am just getting back from Utah that Thursday and it won't fly with the significant other. Next year for sure. Think we can get out this Sat? Saw some guys on Sarah Sunday. I have Sat day and Friday night clear right now.

Can probably get out for a 2-3 hours saturday morn, and that's about it. I should find out what Ben is doing, maybe we could all meet somewhere, eh?

Quote:

Can probably get out for a 2-3 hours saturday morn, and that's about it. I should find out what Ben is doing, maybe we could all meet somewhere, eh?

About what time would you like to go out? Where would you like to go? I've got the itch bad...

If we go out to "big bass" lake before sunrise, I'm sure the gills will be going, and there is a good possibility we will run into the crappies. With that lake though, the fish shut down an hour or two after sunrise. Nada.

Another option would be the "other" lake that has some very nice gills in it. However, this lake will need to be explored since early ice locations are unknown on this lake.

We could also meet up with Juggs and Cyberfish at a certain location an hour away that has big crappies in it...I can always find a way to fish a few more hours smile.gif

Just let me know what sounds appealing and doable to you both...

Casey and Ben--We're good to go for Jan. 6th and 7th. If anybody wants to take Friday off and get up there early let me know. I'm definitely interested. The resort owners say there isn't a check-in time since there won't be anyone in the cabin before us so we can use the cabin any time Friday.

Great! What lake is it on, anyway? I think I will have that friday off, so I can hook up with you early and scout around. If Mitch (my brother) comes, we may have to take two vehicles though, that way I can bring up my portable and all of our crap. Any idea how much it will cost me? Mitch is unemployed right now, so I told him I would pick up his tab.

It's Wildwood Resort on Bass Lake in Cohasset. You can go to their website (wildwoodresort.net) and check out our cabin (#9) and fish pics. The cost is $399 for the weekend divided by six is about $67 apiece. We might pick up another guy or two though. I'll put in for Friday off and we'll make it a full day.

Cal etal I cannot get out at all Sat mad.gif What's the schedule look like for MOn thru Wed nights guys??

Mark,

Monday eve. might work for me. I'll keep you posted.