Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jltimm

Got my Buck!

8 posts in this topic

Just got home from bringing in my scrap meat for sausage at the local processor.On my way there I "connected" with a 6 point buck, with my car! At 60 mph I flung it about 10 ft in the air, and it landed right on the road, grunting a little after the hit! I drug it off to the shoulder, checked my damages, and got underway.Need a headlight, and a turn signal.Lucky it was my commuter car, and not my truck!Watch it out there fellas, them deer are moving!

As Ron White would say I believe you slow a bullet down to 55MPH put headlights on it and a horn and a deer will actually jump infront of it. Whew ellusive little creatures aren't they.

I feel your pain.Two years ago I hit an 8 pointer the night before opener on the way to the cabin.Messed my jeep up pretty good,left me sideways in the middle of 65N.Be careful everybody,its getting to that time where they're starting to move.

I-90 between St. Charles and Rochester. I've seen 3 bucks in the last 2 day. The wall mounter yesterday right next to the on ramp(dead, see roadkill post in deer forum) in St. Charles and one with the rack cut off next to the Dover off ramp. Just after that a big basket six standing at the edge of a corn field looking for something about half an hour ago. Probably a date. The rut has them less worried about cars. I wish I could hunt first season!

IFF- I have that on DVD- and that part cracks me up evertime..

They call me... Tatter salad!

They're definitely on the move! My wife hit one on Monday night with her Grand Prix. I just missed one myself that night.

or POUGHT....

Quote:

IFF- I have that on DVD- and that part cracks me up evertime..

They call me... Tatter salad!

Me too I love that part. I think the only better deer piece is when Bill Engval talks about taking his wife hunting with him I love that part too.