• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Public hunting PIGS!

chris63

Hello all,I hunt on public land (aikin co.)and I know of this guy who throw's piss bottles,beer cans ect.,ect.,ect. all around his stand that he built.We have talked to him directly about this and he still is doing it.I'm afraid if this keeps up they could close this section down to hunting.WHAT TO DO???????????(Claymores are not legal!)c63 confused.gifconfused.gif

Contact The local CO and inform him of the situation and its location. He can ticket him for this. Nothing bothers me more the seeing trash let behind. Pop cans, propane bottles, candy wrappers they all weigh less than when taken into the woods. Can't understand why people need to leave it behind.

I had another thought,.pick up all the trash and dump it on his vehicle and leave a note stating,"oh,I thought you left this behind in the woods by mistake?"c63

The Conservation Officer in the Aitkin station is Off. Bob Maliner. He is a great guy and helped me out a couple times last year. In fact I keep his home and cell numbers on my cell phone. Last year I called at 10pm on the friday before opener about baiting. He went out that night to find the bait piles where I said they were and he set up there in the AM to catch the guys. I got a small reward and the wrong doers got their tickets.

You would be doing a good thing by giving him a call. Littering is an offense that allows the CO to get in and investigate other things. It also helps prove a point to people who think they can do whatever they want. He may just have to clean it up and not get a ticket, or maybe its bad enough that he will get a fine.

You can find his number on the DNR website under enforcement. They list all the CO's by region and their contact info.

Power,Thankyou for your reply.It is worse than I wrote.It's the most disgusting thing to go out in the woods and see this sort of thing.I think I will look up the Co mentioned.Thanx again...........c63Oh yea good luck if you rifle hunt..............c63 smile.gifsmile.gif

Help the CO out by getting the gps coordinates and maybe he could pay the pig a visit on saturday.

Just like Powerstroke said, it's smart to contact the CO. I had a buddy who was duck hunting a WMA out west and the group next to him was using a spinnning wing decoy which is not allowed in a WMA. He called the local CO and the group not only got tagged for the decoy but also for no stamps, lead shot, over limit, and no flotation devices. It pays to make the call.

turn that slob in, beer cans and trash in the woods gives the sportsmen a bad name.

Is it illegal to hunt intoxicated?? NOT drinking while hunting but showing up to your stand still drunk from the night before kinda drunk??? Because every year there is guys who hunt next to us that are drunk and shoot into our woods and trip over the fence because they can barely walk. Any thoughts?

mr confused.gif

Here is what the hunting regs say.....

Hunting While Under the Influence

A person may not take protected wild animals with a firearm or by

ar chery or be afield with a loaded or uncased firearm or an uncased

bow while under the influence of alcohol or a controlled substance.

More people than you think are under the influence in the morning. In the course of my criminal defense practice I have represented several people for dwi's that occurred between 8 and 10 on the morning after quitting drinking around bar closing the night before.

Pretty scary when a guy wakes up and is still a .12. However, given the amount of partying that can go on at "Beer Camp", I am not surprised that people are still lit when they leave for their stands.

Call the C.O. If you have an armed drunk in the woods.

Meat Run I have just left my old hunting party because one guy stays drunk the whole time he is deer hunting and I cant stand it anymore and no one else will say anything to him I made it clear that Iam not going to hunt with someone intoxicated in their stand. He wanted to hunt by me this year and I told him I wasnt going and he asked why and I said look in the mirror and you'll figure it out. He still dont get it. I'll be a hundred miles away and it still dont seem far enough. think I'll call the CO and discuss this with him. thanks for the post and Ideas. have a good season and be safe.

good for you Elwood but I just wonder what the rest of your old hunting party has for common sense. Do they want to wait for some one to get killed and then they will say something. Ther is plenty of time to have a couple of adult sodas when the sun sets and your back at camp swapping lies. Good luck hunting.

Quote:

.....He called the local CO and the group not only got tagged for the decoy but also for no stamps, lead shot, over limit, and no flotation devices. It pays to make the call.

It's not uncommon for a call to TIP or a CO to uncover several offenses. One such call resulted in a guy hunting (& harvesting) in both 3A & 3B seasons, driving while his license was suspended due to DUI, paying child support for 2 or 3 kids and he was trespassing but not sure if he was charged with that or not.

I called TIP once late this summer and nobody answered the phone. I tried for 2 days.

has anyone else had this problrm?