Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nblasin

Fish house Trailer

8 posts in this topic

Is there anyone in the Duluth area that builds a good sturdy fishouse trailer and are reasonably priced? I am looking for a trailer which the wheels can crank up and the house will sit directly on the ice. General size that i'm looking for would be 8x12. Thanks.

Check out Jay Soderbloom out near Cromwell. Just Google his name and you will find lots of info. He makes some really nice light aluminum trailers and houses.

Granny

Northern Tool sells trailer frames in Duluth, and Quality fish house frames and houses are sold through Bowe taxidermy. Jay Soderbloom near Cromwell has been great to deal with as well as I have been building mine all summer. That's all I know off for local stuff.

I second what Granny said. Great houses that are light, way warm (Sray foamed) and at a great price.

Actually, yes. My nephew who is a carpenter by trade, was in the market to buy one a couple years ago. He got tired of the so-so construction and poor floor plans of ones made by others, so he made one for himself. Now, he's started building them for others. He got help from his great uncle who was a welder until he retired for the frame. Then, he installed hydraulic lifting axles, an electric panel-inverter with a heater, lights, bunks, radio, rod holders, etc. He put a stove/oven in one too. He's building his 3rd house now, and he's 8 miles north of town. Of course, he'll be after old mossy antlers this weekend, but if you want to drop in to at least look at what he's building now, with no pressure, I'm sure he'd be more than happy to let you look at what he builds. I don't mean to speak for him, but maybe he'd be interested in building one to meet your specs. He enjoys building process, doing it in the evenings after work. He's a relaxed, low key guy.

If you're interested, reply back to this post, or send an e-mail to my home mail, and I'll reply with his phone number.

I'll check back to this next week. I'm off soon to prep for the hunt this weekend too.

My home mail is - evntam AT msn.com - if you put it together right with the @ thing.

Thanks for the help guys. It will have to wait for a little bit though. Heading up to the Rainy River tomorrow AM for the weekend and then deer hunting the following.

nblasin give us a report when ya get back. I hope you double what we did.

I have always had my frames built by "The Fish House Store" in Milaca,Mn. I have not had one problem with them. They have been building wheel shacks & frames for over 18 yrs. They are also the only manufacturer who will back their frames with a 10 yr warranty. I hope this helps you out.

[Note from admin] No unauthorized links please. Thank you