• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Section 428 Deer hunting

Anyone else hunt around the Hutch area? I've looked all over the regs to find out if I can hunt both weekends with a Multizone Buck license and cant find anything. I've been told you can.

So how was everyone's deer hunt? I don't hunt deer myself, so just wondering if there was any success despite the warmer temps.

shot a doe with my bow - 3 weeks ago - 6 miles south of Dassel - was north of Brainerd for the opener - will be hunting Dassel area next weekend - Gotta love the All season license

Saturday didnt see a single deer. Sunday morning tried a different spot in the same woods and wouldnt you know it a small buck walks right in front of my other stand. Did some drives late morning\early afternoon and only saw a few does. Sat out on Sunday night next to a picked corn field and had one doe walking around in front of me for about an hour. I mainly hunted on the south east corner of Lake Byron (the lake Gopher Campground is on) and a buddy who hunts about two miles to the north shot a 8 point Sunday. There was a small buck shot accross the road from my house (Stockholm township) and I've heard of a few decent bucks being taken from that area this year by some other buddies.

Huge 12 pointer was taking by Lake Minnie Belle. Had two drop tines. Shot by Randy Lang, owner of Langs Meat Market. Few of my buddies saw the pic in the paper.

• 1 month later...