• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Wanted - FM'ers to Share Lodging for Slabfest

Paul Waldowski

Ok,

Here's the deal. We will be staying at Battle River Lodge. This lodge is located just a few minutes from the south end of Upper Red. It is possible to snowmobile to the lake from our location as a State Trail runs right by the lodge.

We will have room for a total of 8-9 guys. Cost will be $60 per guy for the weekend. You can arrive Friday late afternoon and we will checkout Sunday a.m. This is going to be a great time and you will not want to miss this event. I will take the first 8 for sure and possible one more. This lodge has a full kitchen and I figured if everyone brought just one item per say...for 8 guys we would have food for everyone for the trip. I can coordinate that is it gets closer. For those that wish to join us, confirm here by responding to this thread and then also e-mail me so I have an e-mail address for you.

river_lodge.jpg Lodge

So far I have:

Myself

Kevin

Harvey Lee

Dietz and Dad

TT from Blaine

ST

Boilerguy and Son

Cheffrey

Remember if you're in...you're in smile.gif

You know Iam in. cool.gifcool.gifShould be a great time with the eyes,crappies and northerns and a good bunch of people. cool.gif

Tom,

Yep!!!! I have you down laugh.gif. Looking for another 4-5 guys to share a great time with us. laugh.gif

What kind of "package" are we talking about? Do you have any kind of details yet. If you don't want to commit to anything I understand that you're still putting things together. You can email me at [email protected] if you want to share some ideas. I definately would like to hang out with the FM crew some more this year.

Last year I stayed on the lake in a rental perm from Mort's. It was my buddy and I's first time in a sleeper shack and we loved it. I'm not sure I'd want to stay off the lake at night. We caught lots of fish in the evening and overnight.....fish we can keep this year.

I'm talking about a cabin that a) either sits just off of the lake, or B) sits on the shore of the lake. Either option would allow people to come and go as they please, while doing it in relative comfort and would allow us to do things as a group. I'm currently looking for places that would be close enough that we could sled or wheeler on and off the lake. I'm currently looking for places and trying to put something together so nothing is yet set in stone smile.gif Just trying to gauge interest

I just took a look at the dates and I'm interested in being part of this group. Lodging at that cost and hanging out with fellow FMer's.....PRICELESS!

SlabFest 2006 was a blast and this year should only be better because walleye season will still be open.

Either the craps or eyes should be willing to bite for us!

Brandon,

Watching Hanson run his sled out of gas............ $25

Watching Rick trying to figure out his Garmin 76... $75

Spending the weekend with fellow FM'ers............Priceless

laugh.giflaugh.gif

i was at slabfest last year. was with a buddy his mountiner keep gettin stuck and needed the whole crew to push us out. would love to be in on the group. will be up for slabfest and more days after. count me in if theres room. wont bring little truck and get it stuck. will bring the sled up this time.

iceman

I must be blind or not looking in the right place. What are the dates? Who am I kidding? The dates don't matter. Count me in, and let me know when and where to show up.

Hey Jon what difference do it make when it is over a weekend in the winter that is all the needs to be known ice fishing time. On Feb. 24 though I think many of use will be there for the better part of the weekend though.

February 24th is the date of Slabfest on Upper Red Lake.

I haven't made an "official" post or flyer yet but it will be coming. I mean, geez, its only like 4 months away still! blush.gif

Slabfest is about hanging out, meeting some folks, having fun, and hopefully catching some crappies. The more folks that can turn this into a weekend deal, the more fun it'll be! wink.gif

Last winter we had pretty good success on the crappies even though every single truck got stuck multiple times. We just took turns yanking each other out of the snow banks. smile.gif

Stay tuned for more "official" details although it appears lodging options in the area are filling up very, very fast!

I think you and iff sit there and wait for me to post just so you can give me crap.

Silly me; I was thinking a URL get together would be listed in either the URL or Get-together forums.

Go figure. That weekend happens to be the weekend I'm making an honest woman of walleyechar out in Vegas....I wonder if she'ld let me reschedule???? KIDDING, I suppose you two already copied and emailed that comment to her. Anyway, you'll have to pick on someone else that weekend. Maybe you can talk Wiskers into going. Have fun.

Bummer Pout Jon.. You will be missed! I dont have Chars e-mail addy.. your lucky ooo.gif And for as much #%^@% as you gave me up at the Sterg get together, I still owe you big time!

Have fun.. and do your best to make it to a few of the other events.. Would like to throw back a few with you again!

Awesome job Paul.This will be a great weekend,with good food,excellent ice fishing and some great FM time.

I am really looking forward to this one. cool.gif

Nice work Paul. I'm stoked for this! grin.gif

I can procure some steaks for the one item. Just need a final head count.

It will also be nice to see some old faces, and meet some new ones.

You summed up the entire adventure Paul...PRICELESS. Even the whole train of vechiles getting stuck last year grin.gif COUNT ME IN!

This should be a great time and thank you Paul for getting this together for us. Looking forward to meeting some new Fmer's this February!!

Steaks sounds good to me.

Quote:

PoutJon, if you were as smart as a bass angler, you woule know to check

and all the iceleaders get togethers are listed at the bottom of the page
wink.gif

the whole smart as a bass angler might be a stretch what do think Walleyejon. It is too bad you won't be able to make Jon. I will catch up with you here in Dec. hopefully I will be up to heaven at least one weekend in Dec.

I got a feeling slabfest is going to be a really good time this year. I know I am already looking foward to it and it is 4 months away. But it will be here soon enough. I can't wait.

Apparently I didn't tr yhard enough cause I never got stuck last year and I was going cross country on the lake with my SUV!! I guess I'll know not to follow you guys this year.

Hey paul its Tommy T from Blaine, John and I had a great time last year grin.gifso you know I'm in..We still don't know what happened to you guys when we fired up Hansons grill and put the venision tender loins on grin.gif HE HE

but we sure had alot to eat grin.gif

So...Tommy, are you saying that you are in for one??? If so, then we really only have room for one more. If there is alot more interest in this, I can expand our lodging options????? laugh.gif

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Got room for one more Pauly?

Well Jason, when you're talking Smart Bass Angler, & P.E. teacher, it might not be too much of a stretch, seeing how they go hand in hand, and "Smart" is an undefined adjective. On the other hand, when you say Consistantly Succesful Walleye Angler, people know you're talking about actually catching fish on regular basis.

I'll have a few hot spots ready for us to check out when you make it over. I'ld like to hit the res. over your way at least once this ice season too. Later

Quote:

Well Jason, when you're talking Smart Bass Angler, & P.E. teacher, it might not be too much of a stretch, seeing how they go hand in hand, and "Smart" is an undefined adjective. On the other hand, when you say Consistantly Succesful Walleye Angler, people know you're talking about actually catching fish on regular basis.

I'll have a few hot spots ready for us to check out when you make it over. I'ld like to hit the res. over your way at least once this ice season too. Later

Ha Now that is funny I don't care who you are. Oh man you are really wanting to down grade if you want to leave lake of the woods for my little res. Oh well we'll see you in a few weeks once you have ice up there.

Paul,

I will assume you are full. Or room for one more? I would love to go.

Brandt

HI Paul, I'm thinkin Johnny wants to do it again, last year it was on his b-day weekend, I have a call into him but he just hasnt got back to me yet, I will let you know asap, I will go no matter what grin.gif however he is my cross country ride blush.gif

Right now I'm full. I'm going to make another call tomorrow and see if I can set something up with another place up there that I know of.