Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pooh

Muzzy MX4

9 posts in this topic

has any one shot the new MX4s. I shot them and didnt like the way they flew past 25 yards. they seemed to start wabbling after that. i had other people shoot them on their set ups and they had the same problem. I sold them to a guy at work who wanted them and he told me he'd sell them back to me for half of what i sold them to him for. didnt have and problems with any other broadhead. has anyone else shot them or had the same experience??

Are you shooting the "practice blade"? If so throw it away!!I also purchased these broad-heads and the first time I shot it was like holy cow what happened. It was consistantly down and to the right every time at 20 yards. I was very upset, mad.gif then i looked and compared the practice blade and the actual broad-head and said wow! they were totally different. I tried shooting the real deal and they were right on the money. But if you were shooting the broad-head and its way off I don't know what to tell you sorry. confused.gif

Sometimes how your arrows are fletched will make a difference on how they will fly.

My son was shooting some new fixed broadheads and last year he was shooting mechanical ones and the fixed wouldnt fly for nothing.He went back to the pro shop and they said they needed to re fletch his arrows.Now,they fly perfect.

As Harvey mentioned, what kind of fletching are you shooting? I would guess you're gonna need an arrow with three 4" helical vanes/feathers for that head - or the shorter blazers/quick spins of equal stabilization. If you got that, does the bow shoot well with field points at that distance? If not, a little bow tuning is probably in order. Let us know how things work out for you. Later.

Quick spins have worked well. smile.gif

I bought one pack of MX-4s about a month ago....couldnt get them to fly right no matter what...just tossed them away. For the past couple of weeks I have been using G5 Strikers...fly true and sharper than muzzys out of the box...

That practice blade was JUNK for me also! mad.gif The regular broadheads shot alright though, but not as good as my tried and true Thunderheads. grin.gif

What about Crimson Talons?

i am fletched with blazers on beman 400. The arrows look great going through the air with field tips. paper tuned fine. i dont have a problem at 40 even 50 yards with field tips. But at 30 with them MX4s it was not so good, jsut seemed like the arrow never stabilized. ill give the regular blades a try