• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Well I got out for one more last chance effort (unless it stays above freezing) this last weekend. I braved the cold on Big Commorant on Saturday and lost one very nice fish that probably would have gone 8lbs. I only had him side hooked on shadrap and he did the old spit and run while I was reaching for my net.

I noticed they were biting on minnows quite well, fatheads I think out by the Y. I did not have any with me since I only had a few hours to fish and be back in Moorhead by noon for a meeting. Some guys parked not too far from me by the Y and I wathced them pull in one eye after another. Makes me just sick I did not have any minnows. I couldn't get them to go for raps, jigs, berkly gulp, nothing. Oh well it was still time on the water.

On sunday I was not quite as willing to fish in the waves so I headed on over to Swedes Grove were I took a nice limit of eyes 18"+.

When the fish werent biting I got some awesome photos of the lake and some ducks. I will try and post and share them in a little bit.

Paul, could you drop me a line? I've got a couple questions if you wouldn't mind, as I was thinking of burning up my remaining gas and heading to Big C this weekend.

[email protected] THANKS

P --

How are the fish tasting up there during this time of the year. Is the water level down? Are they starting to drain it?

Thanks

Hitman

The water is kinda low but not to bad I guess, the landing is always a pain in the arse. I saw no signs of drainage. I notice that south of the lake is a waterfowl mamagent water. I didn't think they could drain stuff liek that, I know there were a bunch of post about swedes earlier this year but I did not see any sign of trouble.

Well, I talked to Bruce with Buffalo River Watershed and he said they are going to do it. When? Who knows.

Thanks for the update.

So the fish tasted ok?