• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Help with Trolling Motor!!

wastewaterguru

Question

Just wondering if there are some general troubleshooting tips for electrical problems for trolling motors.

I have a 107 lb motorguide 36 volt that is acting a bit freaky. Could be speed control circuit board.....could be mosfet circuit.....could be battery voltage issue. I can test the batteries and will do this week.

Is there a specific symptom that is related to specific failures. For example is the barely turning-no power-screaching noise problem I am having related to the speed control, the mosfet or simply a dead cell in one of the three batteries??

Help appreciated. confused.gif

3 answers to this question

What does it feel like if you turn the prop by hand? It sounds like maybe the "little water in the motor now it is rusty and rubbing" problem. But it is hard to tell from here

Feels smooth with just magnetic resistance when you spin by hand. Only makes noise when under power.

Voltage checked out from batteries at about 40 volts. Should be good there.

I think I know what to ask Santa for Christmas.