Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
eyepatrol

Already Looking Forward

7 posts in this topic

Obviously there isn't a whole lot of choices for the Vikes this year at QB, but looking forward to the draft and next year....what do the Vikes draft picks look like for the first round? Is there any way the Vikes could put themselves in a position to get a QB in the draft? And, is there a QB you guys think would be worth getting out of the draft (Smith, Quinn, Henne)???

I haven't thrown in the towel just yet on this season, but I also believe it's obvious the Vikes should be planning for the future for the QB position.

Thoughts?

isn't that why the Vikes drafted Jackson, the QB of the future??

Yes, and the coaching staff has him right where he should be, riding the pine with a clipboard in his hand. Watch and learn kiddo is what they are telling him

Next year should be a different story but don't ruin the kid by putting him in a situition tailor made for failure.

Jackson has been hurt as well, he couldn't have played if they wanted him to. I know he missed atleast a month after needing some minor surgery. There is no way he would be ready this year after missing that much practice time.

Don't forget about Matt Schaub being a free agent... with Vick playing great FB this season chances of the Fancons paying a backup alot of dough go out the window...

My bet is the Vikes will make a strong push for Schaub this off-season and have Jackson inked in as the back-up. #3 QB could be anyone and even someone they pick up later in the draft. Vikes have a good team right now and are in desperate need of a good playmaker at both QB and receiver. If they can fill these holes somehow it might get interesting.

Jackson seemed to have a decent pre-season. What's wrong with him right now? Is he the QB of the future for the Vikes?

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• easyrider25

Posted

Looking for advice on keeping the dog focused and quiet in the duck boat.  Was out today and we shot enough ducks to keep her busy, however my dog is such a hyper hypo that it's a  little annoying.  Either whining or jumping back and forth from the front and back of the boat.  Do I just need to establish the expectation and keep on her till she finally gets it or is this how some dogs are in the boat? This is her 4th year duck hunting and she has continued to improve each season.  Overall I am happy with her work, especially with the limited amount of hunting I do.  We were out today for 3 hours, shot 8 birds and she did great on the retrieving end and is pretty much focused on the skies, but if something is not constantly dropping from them I feel like I have a screaming baby on my hands.  It's not really that bad, just very annoying.   I would just like her to sit in her spot, stare at the skies and wait for my command.  Is this to much to ask?

• On 9/24/2016 at 3:30 PM, ZachD said:

she's getting big

She's up to 38 pounds at a few days short of 5 months and does not stop going 100 mph. She got exposed to a lot of feathers this weekend at duck camp. She retrieved dead ducks and geese in the yard after our hunts. The goose was a bit big so I chopped a wing off and worked with that after she picked it up and barely made it back a short distance to me. 

1 person likes this
    • delcecchi

Posted

Maybe that is how they can stay in business 

• flagislanddan

Posted

Fishing Report from Flag Island Resort Lake of the Woods, Northwest Angle 9/25/16

Happy Fall!

On the Minnesota side fishing has been great around Soldier’s and Mergan’s Point. Most points have been producing fish as well as bays due to shiners moving into the bays. Raps and spinners have been successful as well as 3/8 ounce jigs with the jig bite turning back on. Shiners, crawlers and fatheads have all been attracting the fish. The magic depth has been between 8 and 18 feet. The duck and goose opener has been successful with many resident birds still around we have not seen any signs of northern birds in the area. There have been many Woodducks and Mallards around.

Over on the Ontario side the Walleye bite has been great and the Crappies are picking up. Anglers have been targeting fall spots and jigging in 18-28 feet of water. Emerald shiners are on the move to spawn so watch for them in channels and bays with creeks. The water temp is cooling down and is approximately at 62 degrees. Trolling for Muskies in 10-18 feet has also been good.

The leaves are starting to change colors and there is definitely a chill in the air but, there is still plenty of time to get in on some wonderful fall fishing. The best part about fall fishing is some of the great wildlife you get to see out and about. Also, it is a good time to start thinking about your winter ice fishing trip, we would love to have you as our guest!

Until next week, good luck fishing!

Guides Dan Schmidt, Jeremy Glessing and Devin Rau

Flag Island Resort

218-223-8011

14352408_10154027624047635_3217819021999145477_o.jpg

14372283_10154027624017635_7564426901939642848_o.jpg

14463040_10154032392587635_7055875993614459489_n.jpg

• flagislanddan

Posted

Fishing Report from Flag Island Resort Lake of the Woods, Northwest Angle 9/26/16

Happy Fall!

On the Minnesota side fishing has been great around Soldier’s and Mergan’s Point. Most points have been producing fish as well as bays due to shiners moving into the bays. Raps and spinners have been successful as well as 3/8 ounce jigs with the jig bite turning back on. Shiners, crawlers and fatheads have all been attracting the fish. The magic depth has been between 8 and 18 feet. The duck and goose opener has been successful with many resident birds still around we have not seen any signs of northern birds in the area. There have been many Woodducks and Mallards around.

Over on the Ontario side the Walleye bite has been great and the Crappies are picking up. Anglers have been targeting fall spots and jigging in 18-28 feet of water. Emerald shiners are on the move to spawn so watch for them in channels and bays with creeks. The water temp is cooling down and is approximately at 62 degrees. Trolling for Muskies in 10-18 feet has also been good.

The leaves are starting to change colors and there is definitely a chill in the air but, there is still plenty of time to get in on some wonderful fall fishing. The best part about fall fishing is some of the great wildlife you get to see out and about. Also, it is a good time to start thinking about your winter ice fishing trip, we would love to have you as our guest!

Until next week, good luck fishing!

Guides Dan Schmidt, Jeremy Glessing and Devin Rau

Flag Island Resort

218-223-8011

14352408_10154027624047635_3217819021999145477_o.jpg

14372283_10154027624017635_7564426901939642848_o.jpg

14463040_10154032392587635_7055875993614459489_n.jpg

• perry p

Posted (edited)

Thanks Workin, Bart and especially Jim for the replies. My family really enjoys fishing on Clearwater lake.

Edited by perry p
      Misspell
    • muskie-mike

Posted

Good walleye bite on leadcore..40 walleyes in 25-28 ft of water,mid lake..None over 16 inches...

• JBMasterAngler

Posted

First time up in Brainerd in 3 years. Went to big trout on Friday, thinking it would be a guarantee (which it usually is). Nope! Not even the rock bass were hitting! Only ended up with a couple pike and a couple largemouths. The inspector at the boat launch was showing me some pics of a couple lake trout this one guy had caught a few days earlier, a 34 and 36 incher! Saturday we were going to fish gull, but it was jam packed with people! Was there a tournament going on? Ended up at a secret little lake where my wife caught bass and pike one right after the other, while I couldn't get a bite to save my life! Was good to be back up there after a 3 year absence. Hopefully I'll find the time to get up there again.

• Cliff Wagenbach

Posted

Very nice walleye no matter how the picture came out! Do not see many of those each year!

We ended up keeping 9 walleyes and releasing 3 slot fish between 19" and 23".

Cliff

• LBerquist

Posted

Here's the proof of the 28" I told you about today cliff. Unfortunately this picture doesn't make this fish out to be nearly as impressive as she was in person. I'm gonna need to work on my selfie skills.

20160925_104541.jpg

2 people like this

• easyrider25
      Looking for advice on keeping the dog focused and quiet in the duck boat.  Was out today and we shot enough ducks to keep her busy, however my dog is such a hyper hypo that it's a  little annoying.  Either whining or jumping back and forth from the front and back of the boat.  Do I just need to establish the expectation and keep on her till she finally gets it or is this how some dogs are in the boat? This is her 4th year duck hunting and she has continued to improve each season.  Overall I am happy with her work, especially with the limited amount of hunting I do.  We were out today for 3 hours, shot 8 birds and she did great on the retrieving end and is pretty much focused on the skies, but if something is not constantly dropping from them I feel like I have a screaming baby on my hands.  It's not really that bad, just very annoying.   I would just like her to sit in her spot, stare at the skies and wait for my command.  Is this to much to ask?
    • MattL
      She's up to 38 pounds at a few days short of 5 months and does not stop going 100 mph. She got exposed to a lot of feathers this weekend at duck camp. She retrieved dead ducks and geese in the yard after our hunts. The goose was a bit big so I chopped a wing off and worked with that after she picked it up and barely made it back a short distance to me. 
    • delcecchi
      Maybe that is how they can stay in business 
    • flagislanddan
      Fishing Report from Flag Island Resort Lake of the Woods, Northwest Angle 9/25/16   Happy Fall!   On the Minnesota side fishing has been great around Soldier’s and Mergan’s Point. Most points have been producing fish as well as bays due to shiners moving into the bays. Raps and spinners have been successful as well as 3/8 ounce jigs with the jig bite turning back on. Shiners, crawlers and fatheads have all been attracting the fish. The magic depth has been between 8 and 18 feet. The duck and goose opener has been successful with many resident birds still around we have not seen any signs of northern birds in the area. There have been many Woodducks and Mallards around.   Over on the Ontario side the Walleye bite has been great and the Crappies are picking up. Anglers have been targeting fall spots and jigging in 18-28 feet of water. Emerald shiners are on the move to spawn so watch for them in channels and bays with creeks. The water temp is cooling down and is approximately at 62 degrees. Trolling for Muskies in 10-18 feet has also been good.   The leaves are starting to change colors and there is definitely a chill in the air but, there is still plenty of time to get in on some wonderful fall fishing. The best part about fall fishing is some of the great wildlife you get to see out and about. Also, it is a good time to start thinking about your winter ice fishing trip, we would love to have you as our guest!   Until next week, good luck fishing! Guides Dan Schmidt, Jeremy Glessing and Devin Rau   Flag Island Resort 218-223-8011  
    • flagislanddan
      Fishing Report from Flag Island Resort Lake of the Woods, Northwest Angle 9/26/16   Happy Fall!   On the Minnesota side fishing has been great around Soldier’s and Mergan’s Point. Most points have been producing fish as well as bays due to shiners moving into the bays. Raps and spinners have been successful as well as 3/8 ounce jigs with the jig bite turning back on. Shiners, crawlers and fatheads have all been attracting the fish. The magic depth has been between 8 and 18 feet. The duck and goose opener has been successful with many resident birds still around we have not seen any signs of northern birds in the area. There have been many Woodducks and Mallards around.   Over on the Ontario side the Walleye bite has been great and the Crappies are picking up. Anglers have been targeting fall spots and jigging in 18-28 feet of water. Emerald shiners are on the move to spawn so watch for them in channels and bays with creeks. The water temp is cooling down and is approximately at 62 degrees. Trolling for Muskies in 10-18 feet has also been good.   The leaves are starting to change colors and there is definitely a chill in the air but, there is still plenty of time to get in on some wonderful fall fishing. The best part about fall fishing is some of the great wildlife you get to see out and about. Also, it is a good time to start thinking about your winter ice fishing trip, we would love to have you as our guest!   Until next week, good luck fishing! Guides Dan Schmidt, Jeremy Glessing and Devin Rau   Flag Island Resort 218-223-8011