Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MNDeerhunter

Treestand Company

9 posts in this topic

All right Fellas…time to play Whose Memory is Better Than Mine (this shouldn’t be tough since I can’t remember anything)

Last year at the Turkey & Deer Classic down at the Steele County fairgrounds in Owatanna, MN there was a tree stand company there, promoting their stand (obvi). It was a lounge style where the hunter actually faced the tree, but it was hinged so that the hunter had 360 degrees of view. You actually almost lay down in the thing. Looked comfortable, but I’m sure I would spend my time sleeping in it. For the life of me, I can’t remember what the name of the company was??? My buddy is thinking about purchasing one, and he called on me to help remember the name of the company, but I have been no help.

Not sure but sounds like you might be describing the Steath Saddle made by TrophyLine. If this sounds right I know Cabela's carries them.

fishtrapgirl

Quote:

Not sure but sounds like you might be describing the Steath Saddle made by TrophyLine. If this sounds right I know Cabela's carries them.

fishtrapgirl

Looked that up, and that's not it. With this system you climb the tree with the regular steps, but you only bring the bracket of the stand up with you. There is a pin that comes out of the bracket, and then turns upward 90 degrees. Once you get the bracket secured to the tree, you bring the "saddle" part up, and slide the saddle onto the pin going away from the tree. Darn, if I could only remember the name of that company.

Quote:

Here is a list of everyone that was there maybe you can narrow it down from here and figure it out. Good luck

Thanks Hartner, I already went that route, and struck out. Infact on the online exhibitor map, (they were in the west wing) their spot was listed as "Food Plots". I will just have to dig thru my hunting literature and hopefully I picked up one of their brochures.

Let me know when you figure it out sound interesting. I'm always looking to be more comfortable in a stand. Good luck

Sounds Like a Summit 180 to me.

I bought the stand, waited 5 months for it to arrive, opened the package, parts missing, phoned company returned package same day, waited 5 months for credit to be recieved, after numerous phone calls and no returned calls.

ended up with a partial credit. = bad experience frown.gif

Quote:

Let me know when you figure it out sound interesting. I'm always looking to be more comfortable in a stand. Good luck

All right, I dug through my old literature from the show, and I did have a pamphlet from them. They call it the "Dream Hunter" Yeah, like I need any more encouragement to fall asleep in my stand.

Here is a picture of the stand. Not too sure I would feel safe in it though…

Side note: After I posted this I revisited their website and I clicked on "order" and this is posted:

Due to overwhelming demand we have temporarily suspended the processing of any new orders . For any questions please call us at (XXX) XXX-XXXX. Thank you for your understanding.

Funny, I would think that they would want to sell them...?

stand.jpg

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• she's getting big

• delcecchi

Posted

Crescent and south switch have good burgers too, and I wouldn't have to drive so far. 

• monstermoose78

Posted

No internet in the field today. Had a group sky busting keeping birds out of anyone's range. Riverrat and I got buzzed by teal a few time and a pair of woodies scooted through. Should have had a shoveler and some woodies. The bugs were so bad I lost 4 pints of blood. 

Now to the fun parts Finn was jumping woodcock son the fields on our way out. Finn did good but does not like no action. After leaving the refuge I checked my dads pond. O yeah there was a woodie sitting on the log bang!! No finn needs to do his job.

IMG_0607.JPG

IMG_0610.JPG

IMG_0612.JPG

Finn did good he got it and brought it back to me!! Way to go Finn. 

• Lindy came along on our trip to Western MN for duck opener. The guys that came out Thursday to start scouting had a field lined up with alot of geese but they got busted off the roost early in a huge flock and didn't commit. We ended up with only 2 birds today.  She had to stay back in her crate during the hunt but got to play with a wing afterwards. 

IMG_20160924_110720925.jpg

IMG_20160924_104852333_HDR.jpg

1 person likes this
    • Cliff Wagenbach

Posted

Great burgers at the Black Bear Cafe just South of Tower at any time!

Great price on Thursdays (burger day at around $3.50)!

Cliff

• dairyman

Posted (edited)

what size screen does your new unit have----------------I have a 5 inch helix with side imaging and for me it worthless-------------------the screen is TOO small to see whats going on.  I wouldn't buy any unit that didn't have at least a 7 inch screen.  What unit is your new one??

Edited by dairyman
    • dairyman

Posted

I've got a powerdrive also...............my unit would run fine out of water,in water no way.  The prop would barely turn.  I ended up replacing the board the unit and it runs like champ now.  I had it to a dealer and they told me there was nothing wrong with it----------but ,they only bench tested it and did not do a tank test

• DRAGFOOT

Posted

Fished Thursday in 30 feet out of the gap and did very well. Couple of slots and a couple of dinks but mostly nice keeper size fish, had to quit early in the day because we had all our fish. Should only get better from here on out I would think. 

• RoosterMan

Posted

Feels like fall this morning!  I was yesterday morning with my son. We did some trolling and it was really good.  I think I might try to get the jigging rods out today and give that a go.  First headed to see the wolves with the kids.  

• monstermoose78

Posted

Wide awake!!! So excited I am for Finn's first duck opener!!! He is snoring like a chain saw.  I will post from the field

• ZachD
      she's getting big
    • delcecchi
      Crescent and south switch have good burgers too, and I wouldn't have to drive so far. 
    • monstermoose78
      No internet in the field today. Had a group sky busting keeping birds out of anyone's range. Riverrat and I got buzzed by teal a few time and a pair of woodies scooted through. Should have had a shoveler and some woodies. The bugs were so bad I lost 4 pints of blood.  Now to the fun parts Finn was jumping woodcock son the fields on our way out. Finn did good but does not like no action. After leaving the refuge I checked my dads pond. O yeah there was a woodie sitting on the log bang!! No finn needs to do his job. Finn did good he got it and brought it back to me!! Way to go Finn. 
    • MattL
      Lindy came along on our trip to Western MN for duck opener. The guys that came out Thursday to start scouting had a field lined up with alot of geese but they got busted off the roost early in a huge flock and didn't commit. We ended up with only 2 birds today.  She had to stay back in her crate during the hunt but got to play with a wing afterwards.     
    • Cliff Wagenbach
      Great burgers at the Black Bear Cafe just South of Tower at any time! Great price on Thursdays (burger day at around $3.50)! Cliff