Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
walleyedan

Is this it?

7 posts in this topic

What do you guys think, is it time to put the boat away? Or is it going to warm up again? I spent yesterday a.m. on the water and did a heck of a lot of running, a little fishing and not much catching! Bullhead Butch was out the other night and did well, maybe it's an evening bite. All I know for sure is that I'm going to try an arrow a big buck before the Sno Bear gets fired up!

Good luck gun hunters,

Walleyedan

Just put mine away yesterday but if its like last year Ill have it out and winterize it a couple times. wink.gif

Last Friday on Gull late in the day was very good for size and numbers.Caught some really nice size fish.I dont winterize the boat till i can start walking on ice.Burl.

This October has really made me realize how spoiled we've been for about the past 5-7 years in Minnesota. Our fall opportunities seemed to stretch easily to the end of October and into November and it wasn't but a few years ago people were fishing from boats the first week in December out on Gull.

I winterized the other day. Looking forward to Deer and late season roosters! Not looking forward to ice fishing. Can't seem to catch that bug the last couple years.

Good luck deer hunting to all. I saw two bucks in daylight this morning and have seen several nice ones just after dark this past week.

ccarlson

I put the Warrior away yesterday. It was a great season. Seems like the fall bite started in August and lasted through the middle of Oct. then it slowed. 2 1/2 months of steady walleye fishing wore me out a little. Now I'm just enjoying this little break, doing some hunting and starting to think about the winter season. In the blink of an eye it'll be March and we'll be thinking of pulling the boats out and hitting it hard again. Good luck anyone that is still fishing. Right now it is more like an ice fishing bite for the walleyes, concentrate your best efforts during that last hour before dark. I'm heading for the dakotas.

Jason Erlandson

Put the boat away last weekend. Kinda miss the walleye bite. Have been chasing roosters on the weekends and seeing a ton of birds. Hunted a private piece of land last weekend that had yet to be hunted and most have flushed 50+ birds. I have come to the conclusion I'm a horrible shot. I will be back!

Yes, I went out on Pelican last Friday and caught my last walleyes for the season, a 15 and 18, before I got blown off the lake! Tried a little grouse hunting Sat, 1 for 3, not the best shooting either, but at least there seems to be some birds around. Sunday was a great day to get everything including the boat ready for winter. Now this weekend I'm ready for the camaraderie that comes with the rifle season!