Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
walleyedan

Is this it?

walleyedan

What do you guys think, is it time to put the boat away? Or is it going to warm up again? I spent yesterday a.m. on the water and did a heck of a lot of running, a little fishing and not much catching! Bullhead Butch was out the other night and did well, maybe it's an evening bite. All I know for sure is that I'm going to try an arrow a big buck before the Sno Bear gets fired up!

Good luck gun hunters,

Walleyedan

Northlander

Just put mine away yesterday but if its like last year Ill have it out and winterize it a couple times. wink.gif

burl

Last Friday on Gull late in the day was very good for size and numbers.Caught some really nice size fish.I dont winterize the boat till i can start walking on ice.Burl.

ccarlson

This October has really made me realize how spoiled we've been for about the past 5-7 years in Minnesota. Our fall opportunities seemed to stretch easily to the end of October and into November and it wasn't but a few years ago people were fishing from boats the first week in December out on Gull.

I winterized the other day. Looking forward to Deer and late season roosters! Not looking forward to ice fishing. Can't seem to catch that bug the last couple years.

Good luck deer hunting to all. I saw two bucks in daylight this morning and have seen several nice ones just after dark this past week.

ccarlson

Sportland_Bait

I put the Warrior away yesterday. It was a great season. Seems like the fall bite started in August and lasted through the middle of Oct. then it slowed. 2 1/2 months of steady walleye fishing wore me out a little. Now I'm just enjoying this little break, doing some hunting and starting to think about the winter season. In the blink of an eye it'll be March and we'll be thinking of pulling the boats out and hitting it hard again. Good luck anyone that is still fishing. Right now it is more like an ice fishing bite for the walleyes, concentrate your best efforts during that last hour before dark. I'm heading for the dakotas.

Jason Erlandson

MNUser

Put the boat away last weekend. Kinda miss the walleye bite. Have been chasing roosters on the weekends and seeing a ton of birds. Hunted a private piece of land last weekend that had yet to be hunted and most have flushed 50+ birds. I have come to the conclusion I'm a horrible shot. I will be back!

rockyhook

Yes, I went out on Pelican last Friday and caught my last walleyes for the season, a 15 and 18, before I got blown off the lake! Tried a little grouse hunting Sat, 1 for 3, not the best shooting either, but at least there seems to be some birds around. Sunday was a great day to get everything including the boat ready for winter. Now this weekend I'm ready for the camaraderie that comes with the rifle season!

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Bluegill Dan
      Anyone fishing this lake? How is the ice and bite?
    • freeman82
      has anyone been out to swan lake thinking of going this weekend. never been to this lake but have heard good things. 
    • oilandwater
      Only ice is in McQuade harbor and Knife River, and not much at that.  Cohos are biting really well on some days for guys fishing off the Two Harbors break wall. Pretty miserable conditions in which to fish, though....    South shore has good ice around Washburn, and a few cohos mixed in with good catches of Browns, spoke, and whitefish. Cohos on MN side have averaged 13-14" this winter.
    • Bass Thumb
      I have been using a Strikemaster Lithium Lazer 50v electric auger the last couple years. Very happy with it, but I'm limited to about 70-100 feet of ice drilled per charge, depending on temp/hardness of ice. That's more than enough for most bluegill trips, but it's lacking when the ice gets thick and I'm trying to find walleyes on big water during full-day trips. I find myself not drilling as many holes as I would like in an attempt to ration the charge. I just picked up an Eskimo P1 Rocket 8" propane auger. My buddy has the 10" and it's the best auger I've ever used. If anyone wants to really aerate a lake, the Rocket fits the bill. I'll use this along with the Strikemaster electric to meet all of my drilling needs. I haven't used the Rocket yet. It's in the mail. I'm excited at it's light weight in particular. 26 pounds. 
    • leech~~
      Next time you give it a try. Take a flash light and look up to make sure the throttle flapper is returning to the closed position when you let off the gas and it dies. I have had them stick open or half open then your more or less trying to restart it at half or full throttle which may just be flooding it out. It's either starving for gas or flooding.  Let us know if you solve it.  Good Luck.
    • huntnfish
      I never fished north of Wahpeton. When I fished down there I'd go south. There's normally some walleye biting early in the year south of the main road through town. I don't know how it would be this time of year. I always fished it first ice because that was usually fishable before most lakes. If you do go out I'd recommend bringing someone along and having a chisel along to check ice. That river ice can be very inconsistent. 
    • sparetime
      I ordered a rebuild kit from amazon for less than $5.00, so hopefully that will help.  YouTube has some videos on installing it.  It is an odd thing, if it sits for a while it will start and I can run it.  Once I take it off full throttle, it will die and I can't get it to restart.  Thanks for the posts so far, I appreciate it. 
    • fishin_magician2
      Anyone ever fish this lake? Buddy of mine wants to try it?
    • leech~~
      For cleaning carbs I use Gumout spray with the tube on it to shoot through all the passage ways. If I'm finding one not flowing well or clogged I like to use a gas welding tip cleaner. There are a lot of sizes and you don't have to jam something to big through it which could widen and ruin the flow. I got a nice pretty new little chain saw from a guy who just could not get it running for Free. Found that no spray would go through the main jet when I was cleaning the carb. Used the tip cleaner to knock out a piece of saw dust, and clear our Deer trails out really nice this year! Like Wanderer and Borch said, rebuild kits are cheap and a good thing to do if it's been gummed up.  p.s those little piss-ant needle flow valve springs are really fun to get back in place with fat fingers! They like to jump off the work bench and hide!!  
    • Tom Sawyer
      Sounds fun Jeff!, The way the ice has set up this year maybe it will happen after all. I would like to start getting a few prizes together for Biggest Cat, and also a kids division. Hopefully someone can bring a few good ones to the scales...
  • Share & Have Fun