• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Tree Lounge

Shwangman

I have one it is nice it's like sitting in a recliner and its pretty easy to set up and climb but remember to tie the foot climber part to the part you sit in.

I have one and my bro n law has one, but it's to heavy thats all. But very comfy to sit all day long during gun season.

A friend of mine has and i will be purchasing one for next year, like everything it takes some time getting used to setting up and using but overall i like it more than putting on a hang on stand, and alot safer and you can go higher faster.

From experience with a conventional climber, I think the tree lounge might limit you to shooting only in front of you unless you purchase the expensive gun or bow hunter units.

I like the conventional climbers, such as the Summit Viper, because you can stand up with ease and shoot behind you without problems. Plus, your feet is always on the footing part and you don't have to move too much to go up or down the tree: less movement equals less opportunity to play the hanging game. Oh, and you just can't beat porting 21-lbs to your tree.

Disclaimer: have never used the tree lounge before...

I've had my tree lounge for over 5 years. Its the most comfortable tree stand I have ever used. Pro's its stable,easy to use, comfortable. Cons its heavy. My sons and I have shot 6 deer out of them rifle hunting. The only time I don't use it is in single digit or colder weather as I just can's seem to keep warm. Then I use a ground blind so I can move more.

Mwal

I have had one for years. I am 6'5" and I know they have one for tall guys now, but mine is still the best stand I have ever had. I never thought it was that heavy.

Shooting to your weak side can be a problem, I have shot 3 deer in the past 2 years left handed (and missed one) but for comfort and warmth it can't be beat. Not sitting up having your legs go numb from the front of a regular seat is a huge advantage for sitting a long time.

The "square" hole the tree lounge has is superior to other climbers since you can position knots and short limbs in the 45 degree corner and slide right up the tree.

I recommend it. A little practice is in order before you head out tho.

Thanks guys, you have all been a big help and I have a year to think about the lounge or a summit which is a fine climber also. I have went on the Tree Lounge site and it truely does look like a fine climber. Thnaks again.

Ken

Ken