Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
50 incher

Nov 11 - 14

5 posts in this topic

Whats the water temp ? Possibly making the trip up from Chi town for last minute Lunge.When does ice up usually start?Thx

The last day I was out, Oct.,22, the water temps on Big Bay were around 43 degrees. Some of the smaller bays have already frozen over and opened up again. Up to 3/4" of ice on part of Pike Bay at one time!

Ice up all depends upon the weather that we get.

The last couple of years there were a few guys still fishing at the time you plan to come up, but on a couple of years there was enough ice to walk out and fish at that time!

Cliff

Based on current water temps and weather forecast you'd better bring your ice chisel...

Three of us were on the water Sunday. It was a beautiful day. Calm and once the sun came out it was acutally very nice. A late season gift and the eyes were biting. Water temps were 38 degrees around Moc Point and 40 degrees in Big Bay. Took the trip from Moc Point around Pine Island. We did not see any ice but I can imagine that the smaller bays will freeze over very soon.

Am Heading up tomorrow for a 5 day musky fishing fix.

I will let you know what conditions we encounter.

Steve