Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sportfish1850

Sighting in a new scope

10 posts in this topic

Where do you guys on the north side of the twin cities like to go for sighting in a new scope on your deer rifles ? We live in Anoka county but don't mind driving a few miles if necessary. Looking for a place thats got a comfortable shooting area and bench to work on, and helpful people that can give a guy who's not exactly a gunsmith some help if necessary. Will be sighting in a new scope on my 30-06 and a new scope on an SKS. Looking to sight in at about 100 yards. Thanks for any advice.

DelTone south of St. Cloud is busy this time of year, but well run with rangemasters and good strict safety rules.

It's probably 40 minutes for you....10 bucks per guy.

Just did it yesterday morning at the monticello gun club. Very helpful and informative. They have targets at 25,50,100 and 200 you can shoot at. The cost was $10

Go to Forest Lake Gun Club. They are open until 4:00 everyday, but don't take anyone after 3:00. It is very nice! $12 per gun, but well worth it. 25, 50, 100, 200, 300, 400 yard targets. The turn is off of Broadway right before you get into Forest Lake. There is a sign, or call for directions. Good luck.

I second The Forest Lake Sportsmens Club. Lots of guys around specifically to help you out. Just do a gooogle search and you'll find their website with directions.

I think there is one in Blaine over by the airport. It is called metro gun range.

YOUR JUST DOING THAT NOW??!!! OMG my rifle has been sighted in for months. I am overly prepared grin.gifgrin.gif

I don't think Metro Gun Club has a rifle range, just trap and skeet areas. I was up at Forest Lake on Saturday. Plenty of people around to help if need be. I was already sighted in from a few years ago, but just wanted to be sure it was still on. Plenty busy, but didn't have to wait long. I believe a dirty barrel(gun powder) shoots better than a one with oil in it.

Bill's in Circle Pines also has a 50 yard indoor range, but I think they limit it to certain guns. It might be worth a call.

Abandoned gravel pit by my house grin.gif