Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gundy89

Raw Noses

6 posts in this topic

My Lab has been getting a raw/bleeding nose from running through the grasses. Does anyone know of a good lotion or Ointment that would help this out? I don't think it's bothering her, but looks nasty. Thanks for the help.

Maybe try vaseline petroleum jelly. I have heard of people using it on their dogs noses before, but I have not tried it on my dogs.

The plain vaseline works well or the A&D ointment does too. Or the veseline intensive care for severely dry skin(has no alcohol).

someone told me that they use Neosprorin(probably misspelled) and that seems to work good.

Do you put it on before or after the hunt or both?

the neosporine works great. it keeps out the infection and it heals quicker. i would use that before vasoline. and i normaly put it on after the hunt. and don't worry if your dog licks it off it won't hurt them. just as long as it's not a big glob of it. that they licked off. also you can use it around the eyes. just make sure you clean around the eyes with a warm wash cloth and dry it and then rub the neosporine in. your dog should be back to normal in no time.