Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pikester

Prior Lake Questions/Help

12 posts in this topic

Hey fellas,

Well, after 4 years of living in the cities and getting of tired of driving to Duluth to do my ice fishing, I have decided I want to put a permanent ice house out on Prior Lake. I have stopped at Prior Lake Bait and talked to the one of the guys that works there and got a pretty good idea of where I want to set up. By the way, very friendly people at Prior Lake Bait! So know I am looking to meet a few people that can help me out with learning the lake and possibly plowing a road for me. Ill be more than happy to pay for gas or buy beer if someone could plow me a road. I am not sure if someone plows out there or not. If anyone would like to gab about this, please email me at:

mn8877@gmail.com

I would also be willing to work something out that if someone takes care of a road for me, I would be more than willing to let that person use the ice house.

One last thing, can anyone recommend a local insurance company that would insure our shack. We have a pretty nice 14 foot dropdown shack. Just want to be protected if someone drives off with it or burns it down.

Thanks!!

If we have enough ice this year (knock on wood) there are usually people who plow a few roads around the lake.

I'm planning on putting my house down there again this winter, we'll have to hook up and share game plans. I don't have a plow and hope to have access to good spots too. I'd be happy to donate at a bait shop/otherwise that clears an access and plows roads out. Maybe with enough interest we could divy up for a rental or something for a day as needed.

Thanks for the info. Yeah, if anyone is intrested in meeting up, that would be great. Let me know your email address or drop me a line at mn8877@gmail.com

depending how bad the snow gets this year, we could always just show up with our snow blowers and start walking.......

I just hope there is ice this winter, of course it was really nice last winter without the permanent shanty cities that always seem to clog up the lake.

I usually can only get out at night, after 9pm, so i try to steer clear of large groups already set up and fishing. Add me to the list if you want tpickett@priorlake-savage.k12.mn.us

Hey Picks,

That is when Ill probably be fishing too, later in the evening. Ill for sure email you and let me know when I or anyone else is heading out there. Normally I fish out of portables and use our perm as kind of a home base. I sure am getting the fever!!

Last year was the first year that I fished Prior, and I had some limited success, mainly with the pannies. We should get together as a group some weekend. I usually bring the portable and move from spot to spot. Drop me a line if interested. brad.onson@lawson.com

All of a sudden this is staring to sound like a Metro Get Together! I'm all for it. Let's say...Sat Jan 13th??? Should be past the holidays and Should have good ice. Any thoughts?

Jan 13 will work for me! Count me in.

mn8877@gmail.com

That weekend is my weekend with my college buddies ice fishing. any other weekend I should be good. At our school, in the little swamp pond next to the parking lot, there is still a little skim ice around the outside edges. I have been outside with the kiddo's all day today, it is definately getting cooler out

Did everyone see the new rules for lake access on prior lake for this winter. something about no more parking on the shoreline or something like that anyone have the details

I don't know about the new rules but I noticed that the beach area is fenced off. I know last year the city was upset about veh's parking on the beach some dopping oil and anti freeze on the beach sand. It will make early ice fishing a much longer walk. The 4 wheelers will have it made