Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mikinaak

Deer hunting forecast?

7 posts in this topic

Any idea's about the deer hunting forecast up there this fall?

Sorry if I'm in the wrong section just wondering about water levels up past red lake up in the swamps (big bog area)? Thanks, cool.gif

Over the past 2-3 years I know Ive seen 2 fawns with just about every doe, so Im guessing it should be good. That is ofcourse if Kelly P's scouting and tracking skills are up to par this year! grin.gif Ill be up on fri morning.

Good Luck.....

I am heading up Wed to deer hunt thru Sunday. Any reports on results from the first weekend?

slow...

Good Luck!

Ken

I am back home from my deer hunting trip "up north!" My son and me had a blast. I got my doe, and my sonn saw more deer from his stand than anyother hunter. No shots fired but he had the time of his life. We shot 4 deer (3 bucks and a doe), the only doe we saw by the way. We passed up (rrr) or uh messed up on 2 more bucks and passed on a spike buck. There were 6 hunters in camp this year and a couple of buddies came along just for the ride,(Party). It was good to see them.

My youngest cousin with shot 2 of the bucks and 1 was a really nice 8 pointer and I think he went ahead and had it mounted.

pics soon, cool.gif

Congrads!! It sounds like you did better then 90% of the groups around Waskish. The worst I've heard of is one group that has hunted here for over 50 years and never saw a deer this year. frown.gif It is looking like the rut is just starting here now or never happened.

Hello Kelly P.

Well I was standing in the West Wind lodge talking with a nice gal behind the bar, she was from St. Cloud originally. (sorry i forgot her name). But any who... I was wandering if you'd come stolling in. I never have enough time to really enjoy myself and see everyone I want to. To much to do, and really enjoyed myself while there.

Have a great season. Mikinaak aka Paul cool.gif