• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

my season's pretty much over

ortonville

well last nite after work i went out to get in the last hour pheasant hunt. about 25 minutes into it i broke a bone in my foot.i had to walk about 1/2 mile back to the truck. then load up the dog and drove to town to the doctor.had it xrayed and yep it was broke. he told me i would have to see a surgeon on tuesday. as it is a jones break. the same kind that micheal bennet had. so my season is pretty much over.

Sorry to hear that. That must not have been a very fun 1/2 mile walk. Hopefully the surgeon has some good news for you.

sorry to hear, that sucks. for bird hunting, you could post if you have a group of guys, or train your dog to stay at the end of the field and drive to the other end, then when he sees you get out, he can kick some birds up to you (if you do this, find me so I can get your dog's pups!)! If you were going to go deer hunting, make one of you buddies of family members help you carry your gun and such to your location of choice.

Sorry about the broken foot, it's a bad time of year for that to happen. I broke my right wrist in Mid Oct. many years ago but I was able to hunt anyhow. The foot is much more difficult to deal with. I'll take a broken arm over a leg any day. Later on maybe you can make some money runnin footballs!

Broke my leg when I was about 16 in september late. After I finally got socks to fit over cast I was back out at least posting on deer hunting opener. If I remember right I never went back to get it cut off , it pretty much rotted off. Maybe a different story now 20 years later. Good Luck.

Bad timing, hopefully you can limp out to a deer stand to at least say you tried...

If worse comes to worse,you could get a permit to shoot and hunt from your car.I pretty sure you can get this from the DNR and have the doctor fill it out and get it back to them.Only problem is time is getting short for the paperwork.Maybe e-mail it all back and forth.You could still deer hunt this way if walking is to hard.

are they putting you in a walking cast of any sort? I would try finding a ground blind and look at Arctic Shield Boot Covers. Put that over your cast foot and walk out if your terrain allowes. I saw a guy last night one leg deer hunting stands might be out of it for getting in and out but why not a ground blind?

I don't know if it's over yet. I got a Jones fracture college. I was on crutches for 4 weeks and then good to go. You may still get all of December. Good luck with the doctor and maybe things will work out for you.

gundy89,did they put a walking cast on it at all? i know i can make it out deer hunting i have a big box stand that the guys built steps to just tonite. but the walking to the duck blind i am sure is out as of right now. and the pheasant hunt is a no go but goose hunting on the week-ends should be ok as long as i have grunts. but the bad thing is i save all my vacation for the fall and am solo most of the time so that is out to

find a young person willing to help ya out if you take them with. You'd be shocked someone 25 and younger would do if you took them goose hunting or something like that. I know if I was invited to go with I'd help out a lot especially since I've never been able to go out before. Otherwise try finding a 4 wheeler to help with the gooses.

No, they stuck me in a regular cast and crutches. It sucked big time, but I was good to go after 4 weeks. I was playing football at the time and got hurt almost exactly 4 weeks from the start of camp. I think I only missed a couple days, but the first week or so I had to lay off of the contact. They could put you in the walking cast though. I think that the doc took a little bit more precaution with me and put me on the crutches to heal faster in time for the season.