• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

how much orange

fisher

100% above the waist excluding the sleeves and then an orange hat. That if for MN I assume that is what you are meaning. A solid orange vest will meet the requirements.

Check the regs, I believe its one acticle of clothing above the waist must be at least 50% orange(orange camo), and an orange hat.

Now depending on where your hunting... orange face paint along with anything your wearing(all orange) sometimes doesnt feel like enough!

Up where I hunt the minimum requirement feels safe to me. I hunted Agassiz Wildlife refuge one year and that made me wish I had orange from head to toe and a large blinking light on my head.

At any rate here are the requirements right out of the regs;

BLAZE ORANGE REQUIREMENTS

Small Game Seasons: You may not take small game unless a visible portion of at least one article of clothing above the waist is blaze orange, except when hunting wild turkeys, migratory birds, raccoons, or predators, or when hunting by falconry, with non toxic shot or while trapping.

Deer Season: Also, you may not hunt or trap during the open

season where deer may be taken by firearms (including special hunts, youth seasons, and muzzleloaders) under applicable laws and ordinances unless the visible portion of your cap and outer clothing above the waist, excluding sleeves and gloves, is blaze orange. Red is not a legal color, except for those who qualify under the Religious Freedom Restoration Act of 1993. Blaze orange in cludes a camouflage pattern of at least 50 percent blaze orange within each square foot. This restriction does not apply to migratory waterfowl hunters on waters or in a stationary shooting location or to trappers on waters. Times and zones for firearms are shown in the map on next page. Muzzleloader season is open statewide, except for closed areas (see page 86).

The regulation say this I just looked it up:

...visible portion of your cap and outer clothing above the waist, excluding sleeves and gloves is blaze orange. Red is not a legal not a legal color, except for those who qualify under the Religious Freedom Restoration act of 1993. Blaze orange includes a camo pattern of at least 50% blaze orange within each square foot.