Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
markkstanley

November 11 Get together on Pool 4

24 posts in this topic

Open invite to all. A group of us are planning to meet up on Nov 11th to fish Pool 4. We will be headed out in the AM and fish until whenever. Exact time and location will depend on the weather. Right now the thought is around 8 at either Bayport marina or the Wisconsin channel if weather is good. Chime in if you have a preference. If you can attend and have an open seat or if you need a seat post it and we'll try to get everyone setup. Both the sauger and the wallies are in full swing so join us on the river.

Sounds like a great time and I would love to be there but,thats the North Dakota deer rifle opener.

Someone e-mail me if you have a open seat please.

Sounds like a great time. I would love to get out one more time. Unfortunately I loaned out my car and have no way of getting anywhere that weekend. Let us all know how it goes.

I'm still looking for an open seat as well. I'm also willing to car pool from Rochester. I can certainly drive as well. Shoot me an email if interested.

I will be fishing pool 4 on the 11th. I normally launch at Everts because I come from the WI side. I would have an open seat that day if anyone needs a ride.

Enjoy the day Mark and the rest of you. I wish I could be there but I have committed to deer hunting on our family property north of Waskish starting Wednesday. Stick a few pigs for me!

WOW my life has finally slowed down to a pace that is not so overwelming.

It is going to feel reel good to climb back in the boat and get down to business! It should be a fun time and from the weather report a good day to be on the water. Hope to see some of you guys there.

mw

Anybody still have an open seat? I filled my deer tag and took stands down, so now I have Saturday free. I would love to get on the water and catch some eyes!

The weather looks like it will be sunny and 39 degrees! Good enough for me grin.gif

Mark Stanly and I will be in a green and tan Lund Pro-V tiller. I have a 90 hp Merc and a 15hp kicker. We should be fairly easy to spot.

We will be launching from the WI Channel at about 8:30 and heading towards the dam.

mw

I hope to be there as well that morning although a little earlier. I am not sure what the rig looks like that we will be in but if I do get there I will keep an eye out for you guys. Did anyone ever email Northlander about an opening?

There might be a possible change of plans due to the snow. If the WI channel ramp has snow and ice on it we will be heading straight to Evert's to launch. I have somewhat of a hunkering to head down today if the snow breaks and the roads clear.

mw

I'd love to caravan down there with the some of you guys (from the Stillwater area) but I need to get there sooner and leave sooner as well.... wink.gif

How did I go? I was killing deer.

Joel

Sloooow. Scratched up a few fish. Missed a lot more than we hooked as the bite was light and short. Mike was killing the crappies and he lost a really nice eye right at the boat. Net guy was a little slow on that fish tongue.gif The majority of the fish came pitching jigs and purple/chartreuse tail was the top color. We fished from the rollerdam down to the head of Pepin and everyone we talked to had a few fish but no one was really on a hot bite.

Thanks for the report. How was the turn out?

I didn't see anybody that I recognized but did see one guy run his boat up on the wingdam closest to the dam. As for the fishing we got a 24" walleye first thing in the morning on some riprap between the dam and the Y. Then we went to drifting with the masses for saugers and ended up catching 7 keepers for the day and had to leave at about noon. All in all it was a fun day but it seemed only a couple of boats were really getting many fish and the rest were really stuggling. Good luck to all who get out there I prolly won't be out again for some time.

I did not see a sole from the board, Mark and I floated with the masses in hopes of getting in on the hot sauger bite and meeting some FMers. We quickly realized it was not happening, so after a couple hours we went off in search of walleyes. Ended up geting into some dang nice crappies and some walleyes too!

Mark and I were talking that there are no thought of winterizing our baots this year since there is that chance a sunny day in Dec. and Jan. Evert's Resort does a good job at keeping there ramps usable all season long, It won't be long till some of the public ramps will be unaccessable.

We will be doing a spring get togather which is sure to draw more people.

mw

Any accidental flatties? Or Sturgeon?

We got a little flathead on a plastic which was the first time I had ever seen that happen.

Don't be surprised that flatheads will hit a ringie. I got a 40+lber a few years ago in Dec that inhaled my ringworm. Kept me busy for about 30 minutes. Haven't caught a sturgeon on plastic yet. The guys jigging minnows seem to be the only ones to catch them. Maybe because sturgeon are slightly smarter than cats and know better than to bite plastic. grin.gif

Funny Story! I was troling a sand flat on Lake Pepin ealier this fall and tied into somethng that was fighting a little strange. Not a walleye, not a pike, sheepie or gar. Turns out it was a 30" sturgeon hooked in the side!

Just proof that you never know what your going to catch on the river.

mw

mw

There are some monster sturgeon in the 'sipi below the dam there. Briank has brought me out cattin' there and we've tied into some brutes accidentally. These were near 60" fish! Watch your Lowrance as you putz around and you'll see them on the bottom or near bottom. There are more in there than you'd think. blush.gif

i've seen a few nice sturgeon reeled in from the alma float