Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hanson1287

Marina fun

6 posts in this topic

I headed back out to the marina in lake city yesterday morning. I fished from about 11 til 3 and ended up with quite the catches. I managed to hook into 14 crappies with the smallest going about 8" and the remaining 13 were all 11" or bigger. Four sunnies also were caught with 3 of them being about 6-7" with one of them going 9". A 13" smallmouth also gave me a nice fight. All fish were caught on just a minnow under a float. The action is good out there and I will be sure to head back when I get back from my trip.

Good job Hanson, and nice report. I'll have to make it down there sometime and join in on the festivities.

How far under the float were you fishing?

anyone been down to the marina lately? I saw quite a few people down their fishin last weekend and though I would try my luck this weekend.

I think I'm heading down there Sunday as well. I haven't heard any fantastic reports, but I'm going to give it a go anyways.

So I took my chances on Sunday and braved the snow on the ground. I was only out for about an hour because one of my gloves flew into the lake making my hands really cold.

The results 1 12-13" crappie and one small bluegill. However I saw some other people fishing around me who had been there much longer than I had. One group had 25-30 Crappie and the other group had a dozen or so.