• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

One From Wisconsin... WOW!!

Jim Hudson

Check out this brute.. Definately a buck for the magazines!!! Supposabely shot in Adams county by an Amish Hunter and greened at 295 NT. Quite the rack on this big boy...

amishbuck1pb5.jpg

amishbuck21nq9.jpg

I can tell with one side and the other the angle is tough but I would agree,same huge deer.Lucky guy.

This has been another board for a week or so,,,on that board it states its is from Ohio, shot (arrowed) opening day.

Yeah in the e-mail I got it said from WI... I am always a bit skeptical on place of kill of these big deer. I hope to find more about it from some other folks. Havent heard any buzz in WI besides the e-mail. But in regards to the photos, you can pretty much tell it is the same deer.

I thought the amish had to wear all black wool no camo and had to grow the half beard thing????

Must be a new Amish group.Special clothes and beards optional.You always have to be a little wary of internet pics.Sometimes things are not as they seem to be.

Still a big deer.I thought just maybe that was Cooters buck. wink.gif

How was this buck taken,archery or special gun season? If this is a archery buck,then it must be a record of some sort.

i thought amish were not allowed to take any sort of picture or look at mirrors due to the reflection or a picture being something bad ...something to do with religion i believe ill research it and post a bit

Quote:

Look again lawdog...same buck in both pics.

I still think its not. Look at the left antler. Where is that G2 point with all the junk and the palmation in pic #2? Also, where is the point that runs basically parallel to the main beam? Plus the overall shape of the rack is different. The top pic the beams come towards each other where the bottom rack they just keep spreading...

I guess it really doesn't matter who shot it and where it was shot.

It's friggin huge!!!!

I think they are great pics but also think it is differant deer. The drop tine seems more prominent on the bottom pic and the ends of the main beams look like they curve up in the second pic and curve forward in the other pic if that makes sense.

Great deer, but I'd have to agree with LawDog and say 2 different deer. The top has definite arching on the overall antler structure, where the bottom antlers come more straight out.

I'd be willing to throw the red challenge flag due to the wizards of Photoshop and how the pictures seem obviously different to me, and the Amish story is a little off base. Not that they couldn't, but that they'd probably keep it to themselves and not brag. Interesting question; do they have to register their deer as we do? Also, there are a lot of non-typical Amish folk in the background of the bottom pic. I could be wrong, though.

Remember the internet hype on that monster Bass a few months ago? True fish, but way different stories at first. These could be true deer, but I'd need a validated story that was independently checked, not an email with a couple of pictures. They do get the blood pumping, though.

Quote:

Still a big deer.I thought just maybe that was Cooters buck

I'd let something like that grow up a bit - let em go, let em grow I like to say grin.gif Poor thing probably just got kicked out by mama and was wondering along all alone - friggin bambi killers shocked.gif

I say same deer. Some points are comming at the camera that arent' on the other picture. Like the palmation one and the parallel one with a fork.

I am always a little leary of internet deer,as they most always end up to be just a huge fabricated story. confused.gif

That do be a beast. I have a possible scenerio for the non-Amish looking guy. The Amish hunter brought it in to register and refused to have his own picture taken but allowed someone else to hold up the deer,s head for a photo to be taken. Sound possible??

WOW I'd only dream of deer like that then I wake up in my stand only to see a spiker and I have to do this Thirty point buck thing only cause its Wisconsin.

Well, I stand corrected. The pictures match the story, which is in the Ohio Blade Newspaper and corroberrated(sp) in the Dayton Daily News, and it would seem to be correct. There were no pictures of the deer in the story, though, but it did say that that he would not be photographed with the deer due to his custom. Another nice pic on Ohio's DNR website under wildlife. Nice Deer!

CornPirate

Thanks for finding that info and the clarification on where this deer was shot...