• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

St. Louis Cardinals - Your 2006 World Series Champs!

CNY Tim

The improbable has happened we shocked the baseball world! If I died right now I would be a happy man... I still can't believe it but I'm ver proud, my daughter called me from college and I called my Dad and I am getting lit tonight. Detroit I'm sorry but it was our time. Good luck next season and thanks for all you guys making this a greatyear!

Your all in my hearts and good luck in the 2007 run. You guys are the best!

congrats to you and the rest of the cards fans.

What a turn around for them, and to end up on top the way they did.

new stadium this year and a world series title to go with it! doesnt get much better than that!

Again congrats!

Tim, congrats!! You stuck with your team all year, even when it seemed like they were down and out and guess what... YOUR team is the Champion my friend!!!

Congratulations!!!!!!!! The Cards definitely deserved to win it, they played better. However...... don't forget to send a THANK-YOU CARD to detroit. I've never seen a team play so bad and out of character..... since the Twins against Oakland..... confused.gifwink.gif Other guys have said it before... you never know in baseball! so true! Enjoy your year!!!

Greatest line I ever heard spoken about sports came from an old Hockey cosch down a road a bit from me, here in Lansing, MI. Talking about Ron Mason, from MSU. He always said, when you get in the playoffs, "it's not how good you are -- it's how good you play."

Great day to be a Cardinal fan!!! I've been waiting for this for a long time. The last time the Cards won the World Series, I was 11 years old. Now they win again when my daughter is 11. I remember game 7 of the 1982 Series well. It was a school night and the folks wouldn't let me stay up to watch the end of the game. I snuck out of bed and found the transistor radio and listened to it quietly under the sheets. It was hard not to yell and scream. So last night, the kids got to stay up late and watch 'em finish it and there was plenty of yelling and screaming going on.

I really didn't care who won. I just wanted to see a good series. I thought it was boring and painful to watch to be honest. I think that was the cards 10th title or something. Kinda like the yankees winnning it. I don't like cards dirty manger, overrated Rolen and was kinda hoping ALbert would be like Bonds and never get a ring. Dang maybe i was rooting for the tigers shocked.gif

But they are the champs and they earned it. Congrads cards fans!

Gonna have to return that backhand from Outdoor with this forehand:

I did not think it was a boring series at all.

I had picked the Tigers based on their rest, age, season record, pitching, and homefield. But I was always afraid of the Card lineup. I knew those guys were good, and they proved it.

Congrats to the Cards and their fans.

Thanks guys like I always said your a classy bunch. Watched the game again and ordered my world series wardrobe this morning, man is that stuff expensive, but hey it's been 24 years what the hey... I remember in 1982 when I graduated High School and went down to the local Pipe & Tobacco in Pittsfield, MA where I was born and raised and had a custom tee-shirt made on a red shirt with white lettering on the front and that gaudy block lettering was ST. LOUIS CARDINALS and on the back it said WORLD SERIES CHAMPS 1982. That shirt I had for about 15 years until it just went through the wash one to many times and was shredded. I always wondered if I would ever get another... Thanks to a Cardinal team that was fundementally sound except for Dunc who get's a pass because it's his first year in the outfield. They were lucky enough to do all the little things well and come together at the right time and I am proud of em.

outdoor ran - Relax buddy your Brewers will be back.. laugh.gif The series MVP David Eckstein didn't exactly make a boat load of cash in his last contract and even though Albert did, he's deserved every penny for carrying the team on his back for 90% of the regular season.

Detroit has nothing to be ashamed of they just weren't ready and neither were we in 2004. They will be hungry next season and will be determined and I think the rest of the central better watch out. Class Manager and a great organization, itwas a pleasure to play the AL Champs and I have nothing but respect and believe me I am humbled by all of this...

Just received my 2006 World Series Championship cap... Yeah! grin.gif I know there working on bringing Edmonds back for next season even though he filed.