Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dhenry

Tomorrow night

11 posts in this topic

Is anyone headed out tomorrow night. I think I'm heading up to fish the daylight savings time extra hour of sleep bite.

You going to have any open seats?

I've got a full boat tonight. M, sorry I didn't get back to you last week. I just got busy scrambling to go.

Taking my boat out with my dad, D drop me a email to let me know where you will be? bgross1785@msn.com

We'll be launching at Terry's and fishing inside weededges until we fall asleep. Sounds like it may be calming down which may allow us to make some runs to other haunts tonight.

Ya, the wind is strong but out of the nw/w so It should be good.

D, we are heading to "some other haunts" early and going for the Sumo's. May end up in the bay later on. Give me a call when your heading up.

So how did we do? I got about 7 with a couple eaters. Man was it nice out. Slowed down for me after the moon went down behind the trees and the wind died. Never again trying to lunch at Garrison with no dock. Damm near took out my trolling motor.

Boat traffic was pretty heavy in the bay, but I've seen worse. The bite in the bay was pretty slow for us. We fished until about 10 and caught 8 walleyes and a northern. Moved to rock weed transition away from all the boat traffic and got onto a very good bite. We fished until about 1:30(really 2:30 w/daylight savings) and ended with over 30 for the night. Best color, after a tip from Mykal on the weedline, was orange and black with TS being second. Speed was approx. 1.1-1.2 with alot of inside turn bites. We caught a 27" and 27.5" which were the biggest and a lot of fish in the 17"-24" range. The fish are getting noticeably fatter. Also, we probably had at least 10 fish come unhooked. The other thing we've noticed is that some of the fish are looking a little ragged with scars and warts. I've seen this before, but it seems as if more fish are a little beat up. Can't wait to get back up next weekend.

Good to hear D. Sorry on getting in close on you the other day, glad it was you. I was focused on the electronics and my partner had his back turned. Tim was using his white and scale pattern again and caught 2 before I even got my line all the way back. I can't catch a fish on that color at all. Go figure. Funny how that works, I think it has a lot to do with how the bait is tuned as much as color. My Rainbow was a dud, but I never checked it before we went out and it has been pummeled this year...probabaly out of tune. We caught 10 eyes and one Pike from 6:30pm to 8:30pm between 16.5 and 25, plus I finally went toe to toe with a super sumo 28". Leaving a great bite, but still looking for those 28-30+ fish that have eluded us so far this fall, we set sail for the rocks on the SW end. Spent 3 hours looking for big fish to no avail. Just not happening out there. Tail between our legs we headed for Shabosh because there was only one boat in the bay, Boated a 16 on a short pass and figured that there would be more of the same there so we headed up North off the Point. we boated 3 between 16.5 and 24 on our first pass in and like you said missed as many including another very big fish that came undone halfway to the boat. Finally went back to the bay and picked up another 16.5 and called it a night. Can't give up looking for those sumo's because they are out there feeding somewhere. Bigeyes will be up for a few days this week fishing all over the lake so hopefuly he will tap into some brutes somehwere. The bay is a given, but like you said the fish have been hammered in there, time to move on.

M, I think I actually got close to you as we were passing because I thought it might be you. I think I kind've snuck up on you. I think I'm headed up Thursday with a couple of buddies, but the weather looks like it may be a little on the cool side. Also, we fished with three in the boat on Saturday which I've done a bunch this fall and I think it increases the catch by about 25-35%. It helps to have the extra line in the water to help figure out what the pattern is.