Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lotsofish

North Center

2 posts in this topic

I was out at North Center today from about 10 til 2 looking for walleyes or crappies. Probably not the best part of the day to be out, but there were quite a few other boats out there. Any FM'ers out there this morning and have any luck? I got 1 8" dink walleye on a jig and fathead in about 18 FOW on a moderate break. Also had some shiners I tried with no luck. I mostly was vertical jigging along the breaks (like 16 to 23 feet) and tried very slow trolling with a lindy rig a little too. After the sun came out more, I tried a bit shallower (up to 10 feet or so) looking for crappies thinking the the sun might bring them a little shallower and probably cause the eyes to dissapear, but nothing happening there either.

I guess I'm pretty new to fall fishing, but I'm trying to learn, thanks to everyone on the forum. What else should've I tried? Maybe I just got there too late?

Andrew

Try to find some remaining green weeds and work the edges, or even in them. You should find a nice mixed bag of fish wink.gif