• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

our Hotel

blap

Hey everyone, We are staying at the Days Inn on French Island. Can anyone tell me if its a nice place or not? Also are their any good clubs around there to go have drinks? Dancing,etc? Does anyone know if the bar at our hotel is any good?

Thanks

Brian

Just find the bars in Lacrosse, it's pretty self explanatory from there. Johns is a good time, but packed. Good scenery. Bodega has an awesome spread of beers and live music, but kinda granola. Del's has awesome bloody mary's. The Helm is a cool bar; get upstairs. The Library/Brothers are typical frat bars. Coconut Joes is a dance club. All this and more (20+ bars) in about a 4 block area. Cross the bridge on Clinton and turn south (right) 53. After about 15 blocks it splits into 2 oneways, stay right. You are now on 3rd. Look for a parking ramp a couple of blocks up on your right. Follow the people. Johns is the first bar south of the parking ramp.

Quote:

Just find the bars in Lacrosse, it's pretty self explanatory from there. Johns is a good time, but packed. Good scenery. Bodega has an awesome spread of beers and live music, but kinda granola. Del's has awesome bloody mary's. The Helm is a cool bar; get upstairs. The Library/Brothers are typical frat bars. Coconut Joes is a dance club. All this and more (20+ bars) in about a 4 block area. Cross the bridge on Clinton and turn south (right) 53. After about 15 blocks it splits into 2 oneways, stay right. You are now on 3rd. Look for a parking ramp a couple of blocks up on your right. Follow the people. Johns is the first bar south of the parking ramp.

I'm sorry could you be more specific with directions? You're awfully vague. smile.gif Sounds like this isn't your first rodeo?

Oh, I may have downed a beer or twenty while I lived there. GrandDad Bluff, The coulee's in the fall, the river in summer, Oktoberfest; One of the best years of my life. I'd love to get back there, but it's tough to find a good paying job.

I will second the Bodega, definately granola, but awesome beer selection, better than anything I have found up here. Basically drive through the neighborhoods, there is usually a number of neighborhood watering holes every 2 blocks. Sloop John B's or Sloops (help me here McGurk) is close to french Island, on4th street. The main streets downtown are 3rd and 4th street. Buzzard Billy's downtown is a pretty good dinner, but not much for nightlife. THere is a bar upstairs. If you are looking for the best Fish Fry (in my opinion) drive south of LaCrosse to Stoddard, and go to Rocky's supper club. Hands down the best fish fry I have ever had.

Good luck.....Just remeber, WI doesn't mess around when it comes to DWI and out of state drivers