Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RK

Resorts with Boat Ramps on West Battle?

7 posts in this topic

Hiya -

Anyone know of any resorts on WB with pay ramps? Have a friend coming up in a week or so, and with the public access ramps as shallow as they are he's worried about getting his boat in and out - it's a 21 footer with a bunk trailer. So sort of hoping one of the resorts on the lake has a deeper ramp he can pay to use for a couple days...

Thanks for any info...

Cheers,

Rob Kimm

None of the resorts on Battle have their own ramps...have to use the public access ramps. It will be interesting with a 21 footer and not much access use....I haven't had any problems with my bunk trailer at the shallower landings this fall though...

You might have to use the access on Co. Rd. 16 (east end). They pulled the dock today on the west end and had barracades across the ramp - not sure why. I tried getting in on the west end last week and there was so much sand on top of the concrete pillars due to the shallow water that I couldn't get the boat off the bunks. Another guy there as well with a bunk trailer and he couldn't get in deep enough either. They are getting boats in with roller trailers though. Unless they clean the ramp off a little (which I doubt), I would try the east end. If I get over that way this weekend, I'll check it out and let you know.

The east public access off County Rd 5 is the best bet. The west/city access is horrid and needs to be closed.

I have not had a problem with my glass boat/bunk trailer on the east access all summer, but I haven't been there in a month...

I'll be over that way soon and can report back.

Thanks for the info guys.... I may have to wander down there this weekend and check it out if I get my deer early enough...

Cheers,

Rob Kimm

The dock was pulled, but I don't see any issues launching a boat on the east side. The weather looks like it's going to warm up into the mid 40's or higher next week. Maybe the last chance at fishing before it freezes up. Water temps are cooold.

Rob, the only thing you need to look out for is that people have power driven their boats on to their trailers. They have done it more on the west end than the east. So when you start to back your boat out into the lake there is a sand/rock/gravel bar that you may back your prop right into. Very nasty on the west end, not as bad on the east but you still need to watch out. The prop wash gravel bar on the west end almost stuck out of the water late this summer. Props from peoples boats pushed up a gravel hump that almost covered up the tires under the dock. Lots of small softball sized rocks also.