• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Big Buck Disorder

walleyedan

I have to think there are a number of you that can relate. I bounce off the walls when I can't be in the woods during this time of year ("the rut"). Although it may not be the "peak" at the moment, I do know the bucks are sniffing pretty good right now. I saw one on the tail of an unreceptive doe last night. It was a small 6 and we were in our vehicle. But I just wanted to see how many other obsessive big buck, bow hunters can't focus on ANYTHING other than being in the woods right now. I guess I have to wait for tomorrow because of other commitments (what was I thinking making ANY commitments today, it would be an awesome day to be out! Good luck to all of you.

Walleyedan

I understand.I have been hunting for the past 6 weekends and this weekend I will be home.The next 3-4 I will be gone.I dont know what to do as all I think about is I should be there.I guess I could go by myself but I dont really care to.Oh well,they will be there next week and probably a little more crazy.

I definately understand where you are coming from. This site is a good way to get rid of a little built up hunting thoughts.

Yeah, I can definitely related. I'm really struggling today. I committed to a social deal tonight, but I'll be in the woods all day tomorrow. Wish I was out there right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just got back from another 3 days of bow hunting. The scrapes are showing up everywhere. I have to work for 3 days before I can get back after them for 4 more days of hunting and it's killing me

Yup. I can't make it out til friday due to work but that's the day. The 3rd of November is the day that myself and many of my buddies have killed our biggest bucks. Sort of superstitious but a great time to be in the woods regardless. The air is getting colder and the deer are getting hotter. I've got the sickness.

I love that Friday too! I'm hoping I can get it done before then, but so far I haven't seen him. Maybe in the morning. I didn't see anything tonight, it was perfectly still and then the front blew in just before dark and the wind was crankin. All I can think about is the big buck that I haven't got a look at yet this season.

Good luck on Friday.

Walleyedan