Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FishnBear

What do you use for cleaning your boat carpet?

11 posts in this topic

I have light tan carpet in my boat and it is hard to get it clean and it never stays clean very long. Is there any really good products or cleaning techniques I should know about? Thanks Harlan

Quote:

I have light tan carpet in my boat and it is hard to get it clean and it never stays clean very long. Is there any really good products or cleaning techniques I should know about? Thanks Harlan

The hottest water possible and any rug shampoo machine.

Jungle Jake cleaner and a power washer ,,,works great for me the power washer brings back the look of new carpet ,,,I use Jungle Jake and a horse brush to work out any stains then wash it down if You dont have a power washer get a power nozzle at Menards that will work too

hope this helps

Randoid

Carpet in a boat? I still don't get it...and I'm a carpet installer! I'm sure it's fine in some boats, but not in a fishing boat:)

I vacum out my boat once a year whether it needs or not smile.gif I agree with why do they carpet a fishing boat. It is like carpeting a work truck. Just makes for more work.

I have it in my boat and power washer works great....kinda like everyone else has said..."it's like wipen before you poop??" confused.gifconfused.gifblush.gifgrin.gif

I think it makes a huge difference on the type of carpeting used. Some are more susceptible to staining than others. For the boats I've owned this hasn't been much of a problem. Take it to the car wash, spray it down with a little (emphasize little) soap solution and then rinse. It does a great job of lifting sand and other dirt plus leaves the carpet looking like new again.

I like the carpeting. For me it adds a lot of comfort.

Bob

$2 in quarters up at the do-it-yourself carwash, on a side note, grey carpet is great for hiding dirt and stains.

Spray can foam cleaner, let it set for a few minutes then follow up with the car wash hose. Then a good once over when it dries with the vacuum, works well for me.

Quote:

My wife!
grin.gifgrin.gif

Wow, I have tried the kids vacuming, but asking by wife to clean the boat would be like her asking me to iron her clothes... it aint gonna happen... maybe its just me? crazy.gif

Best use of 8 quarters is cleaning the boat at the do it yourself car wash!