Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kt

fall shore/wader fishing

2 posts in this topic

Are there any decent shore/wader fishing spots in the alex area for fall bass/panfish? I regretfully put the boat away last weekend and am now wishing i had it back. With football ending sooner than expected, I'm looking to get out and do some soft water catch and release fishing before freeze up. Any help is appreciated. thanks

Lots of possibilities, kt...

any of the channels around the chain...Geneva/LeHommeDieu..Geneva/Victoria...Carlos/LeHommeDieu..etc. The south side of Geneva offers some good shore and nice bottom to wade. The east side of LeHommeDieu, by 29 and the beach...always great shore fishing, and wadeable too. Have fised in waders at the inlet on Darling...where the creek from Cowdry pours in. Stood there with the cold current massaging my legs in late October as the snow flakes began to fall...wish I could say we reeled em in hand over fist..but not much biting that night...a neat image and nice memory though. The north shore of Lake Burgen, off the public access is nice and wadeable fishing too.

Lots of choices...

but for me, little time...

wish you luck, fellow angler!