• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

FISHING REPORT///OCT. 25TH

HI F.M.ERS,

WENT FISHING WITH MY BROTHER AND 2 FRIENDS TODAY, WE FISHED FROM 9:30 AM TO 1:30 PM. IT WAS NOT FAST & FURIOUS, HOWEVER WE KEPT 10 NICE WALLEYES FROM 13 TO 16.75 INCHES, AND HAD 8 IN THE SLOT, WITH THE BIGGEST BEING 24.5", AND WAS SO FAT, IT WAS A SOLID 7 LBS. ALL FISH WERE CAUGHT ON LINDYS, LIP HOOKED WITH RAINBOWS & SHINNERS. MOST FISH WERE CAUGHT IN 42 TO 50 FEET. WE MISSED MAYBE 25 MORE, LIGHT BITE!!! BUT A BEAUTIFUL DAY WITH LIGHT S.E. WINDS.

SINCERELY,

FISHMEISTER

TILSONS HAD A VERY THIN LAYER OF ICE, BUT WE LANDED AT SPORTSMANS, AND THERE WAS NO ICE.

I was out on the North Arm today from 1-6 pm. First spot I got a 6lb - 8oz walleye on jigging spoon in 27 feet of water. It was only about 24-25 inches so a real porker.

Bass fishing was much slower today but quality fish. I ended up with a dozen smallmouths including back-to-back 20 inchers that weighed 5-5 and 5-4. Everything released as usual. Minnows ?? We don't need no stinking minnows.

Munchies.jpg

No pike at all today. A few days ago we had the same SSE wind and I was fishing the point of the south end of an island. It was loaded with bait and I had 100 lbs of pike in ten casts plus a big walleye. Went back there today and again it was loaded with bait but not one strike from anything.

I have been going every day when the wind isn't too bad. Been averaging 4-5 fish per hour and nearly all are quality fish. Nice having the lake to myself!

I was out yesterday morning also and caught 4 all outside the slot.....graphed alot of fish around 40ft...just couldn't get them to bite at anything I put in front of their face.....

So whats all the Lindy stuff for? I know its a dumb question but you put a picture up but no info about its contents. How about some history?

HI NORTHLANDER,

JOHN IS PRETTY MUCH A JIG/TUBE TYPE FISHERMAN & I THINK WAS SHOWING YOU WHAT HE NORMALLY USES. THE OTHER DAY WHEN I TOLD YOU WE WERE CATCHING WALLEYES IN 42 TO 50 FOOT OF WATER, THEY WOULDN'T HIT ANYTHING BUT LINDYS & LIVE BAIT, AND THEN THE BITES WERE EVER SO LITE, WE MISSED 3/4'S OF THE FISH., I LOVE THE CHALLENGE WHEN THE BITE IS LIKE THAT, REALLY MAKES YOU CONCENTRATE.

SINCERELY,

FISHMEISTER

I have been using mostly Lindy Munchie Worms & Grubs. I prefer Lunker City jig heads. The many small barbs on the Lunker City Jigs hold the plastic better. The pro models are molded on the best of hooks so I use those. LunkerJigs.jpg Lunker City and Lindy both have nice web sites. I know guys at both places that collect antique lures like me so tell em I sent you!

I vary the weight. I want just enough weight so I can tell when the lure hits bottom. And that depends on wind, current & depth. The last two days I fished were Oct 29-30. Got about 50 fish total in maybe eight hours of fishing. A couple small pike, about 10 bass and the rest walleyes. Biggest eyes were 22", 24", 24", 26", 28" and 29" (on 4lb line). All on Lindy plastic. My partner the last day did keep a couple eaters - all the rest released.

When they are really fussy, I go with a plain maribou jig. Lindy makes the best ones I have found. Lindy calls them "steelhead" jigs but everything bites on them. They only come in two sizes 1/8 & 1/4 oz. Very well tied so hair stays on for dozens of fish. They use a very high quality hook. The hooks are so sharp I often snag fish through the fins using only 4lb line. In April fishing the Wisconsin River, the bare Lindy Steelhead jigs far outfished anything we tried. Even when we tipped them with minnows they didn't work as well as the bare jig.

I rarely fish for eaters and want the BIG ones. I have found artificals to far outfish live bait for the big girls. Now if you could get some BIG minnows around here, I would give them a try. But they think 4 inch suckers are "pike minnows" here. I use bigger than that for bass and much bigger for pike or walleye. But none available so will keep tossing plastic.

• 2 weeks later...

Dave,Has there been any good fishing there! If like to know

who this is she calls you once a night! Hi! Dad! The Fishing here

is ok! but not as good as home! P.S. See u at Thanksgiving!

Ciao!

HI BECCA,

HAVEN'T FISHED IN 2 WEEKS, AS DAD IS IN THE DEER HUNTING MODE WHICH HAS BEEN FUN, SHOT A 9 & 5 POINTER ON OPENER & A SPIKE THE 2ND DAY. LOVE YA BEC.

SINCERELY,

DADDY-0

(THE FISHMEISTER)

Thanks Dad! Your so groofy! Some people here are just fishing in the lake! But I think it would be cold! My house parent got

a doe! I will see Mom tomorrow! I Love you too Dad! I'll make this short cause have to go to work which is right on campus!

Love your daughter,

Becca cool.gif