• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Fifth Annual Burntside Bash!

Hey all:

Yes, it's that time again. Time to put the annual Burntside Bash on your calendars. This year's last Saturday in January falls on the 27th, so put the big red mark there and plan to be up on Burntside Lake for lake trout action.

Surface Tension and I will be organizing this year's bash, with Chunkytrout helping if he has a bit of extra time.

Likely we'll have HQ at the Van Vac access, which worked quite well last year.

Other than that, we haven't got details about prizes, whether it'll be a tournament (need a DNR permit) or just a get-together (no permit needed) or any of that stuff yet.

So stay tuned. And think ICE! grin.gif

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Steve Foss

• SKIPPERS KID

• ripstick

• Wade Joseph

We hope to get back to the 'Bash' again. Have maps will travel!

The wife is retiring in July so she can become a permanent resident of the NorthWoods. I might/will follow in a few months.

Finns.

Went last yearand had fun but had to leave early. this year going to go up fri nite. to much for 1 day trip. mite miss out on some fun. Is that the same weekend as the snowmobile run.

I haven't checked the dates of the sled run, but in the previous years it's been on the same weekend, and I think it is again. I'll let you know for sure. Good bet would be, book a room NOW if you want a room. www.ely.org gets you the chamber of commerce Web site with a list of motel contact info.

I am hoping their is plenty of ice to drive on...not having a sled or wheeler in the budget this year.

Maybe this time I will actually catch one.

I will be a first timer along with my dad. We talked about it the last two years but never made it. This year will be different! We both have it on the calander now!

cool.gif

I'll probally be up this year with the crew and we'll have a bunch of sleds in case the ice or snow is bad and people need help getting around.

I plan on making it this year! Wanted to last year, but other obligations got in the way. I've never iced a trout, so hopefully there will be plenty of advice floating around.

What sort of tackle/gear should one carry with them while seeking trout? I have the flasher, but after that I'm stumped. How about rod action? Med, med/heavy or heavy? Line weight? See, I'm already going and it's so many months away! grin.gif

The search feature on this page is your friend. grin.gif

Tackle a little stouter than walleye gear is fine, but do the search for lake trout and ice fishing here and you'll find a whole book worth of tips, techniques and tackle.

There is a good chance I will make it this year ,,,since I didnt know about this site for last years outing ,,It will be nice to meet a few new faces

Randoid

Good advice, but I live in an age of instant gratification. I want the info now, and with minimal work! grin.gif

Searching away. I look forward to testing some of my soon to be new knowlege out on burtside. It's been quite a while since I've fished that lake. I think that I only fished it once or twice while going to college at Vermilion. Without a boat, it seemed a little intimedating, so I stayed with the dam and smaller lakes.

Well, after missing out on all the previous year's bashes, I am going to close out this weekend and mark as busy! I can't wait to learn something about laker's thru the ice from all you experts! There was a good amount of ice on Rice Lake bays tonight. It won't be long until we have hard water...

I'm planning on making the trip I'm just not sure if I'll only be able to drive up for Saturday or if I'll have the whole weekend open. Vacation is being froze at work and that makes it tough for a guy to make some plans. I should have a better idea by January 1st, 2007 if anyone wants to make car pool plans.

Take care,

Tom (BD110)

Tom the car pool sine me up. I have the sled that has to go and ice house I have the trailer so lets chat soon and good Luck hunting.

I believe I'll be heading up this winter as well for the Bash! Don't get to see you Duluth forum guys too often.

Deep Sinker, I am planning on going and taking the portable, wheeler and the new house for a cabin on the shore if theres not enough ice. Might be looking for a few to join. Do you know Marshal D (Elevator guy)? I have to check with a few others on the board before I officially offer a room, but just wondering? Kent & Brian, you going with me or someone else?

I'll be heading up that way for a 3 day weekend. I've cleared it with the misses.

So far I'm heading solo and will be hooking up with a room in town, the prowler and portable will be in tow.

Cheffrey let me know what days you are going and Ill go with ya. Maybe I can get a sled for this one and we can scout a bit?

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Stfcatfish thanks for getting the Burntside Bash thread up early. Lets hope for 24" of ice with little snow this year but just in case it be wise to round up a sled if you don't have one.

This gathering is a perfect for those getting started at Laker fishing. We'll have lots of time to go over gear, tackle and tactics plus with the trout opener happening a couple weeks before the Bash there will be plenty of talk with How-Tos here.

Its going to be a great time and remember this is open to everyone so don't be shy.

I am planning on being up again for the 4th annual, at least Sat/Sun, and trying to see if I can do a 3 day weekend and head up early friday AM. Will have the sled and Otter, hope ice is good as I'd like to give the North Arm another shot this year!

And as usual, I've got your back STF and Chunky on the Lager grin.gif

Ahhhh, it's good to have friends, Lager Boy. grin.gif And I'll show you a spot on the Arm that almost all of my North Arm trout came from this summer. It's not widely fished in winter, though it's close to a spot that does get a lot of attention.

End of the Line, I do know Mr.Elevator and would like to hook up with you guys sometime. For the bash, I am not sure on details, but I have a couple of sleds and a 2-man portable and do plan on attending. I guess as it gets closer we'll have to figure out the details. Hope everything is going well on your spectacular fishhouse!

I will be there for sure with gear, geting around on the ice is somthing i will have to work on.

Wonder if I can use my Lawn Tractor with chains to pull around my stuff if I pull off the mower deck.

Calling Jiganator....wanna loan a guy a sled?

SKIPPERS KID,

I'll now more later towards the end of December. You are more then welcome to head up with me if I can make a long weekend out of it. I'll be in touch!!!

Rip Stick,

I sent you and e-mail with my cell phone number. Talk to you later.

Take care guys,

Tom (BD110)