• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Mankato Area

waterfowlerjm

Has anyone seen an increase in activity in the Mankato area?

Activity slowed a little a week or so ago but I heard it is good again.

Hey, I hunted south of Madison Lake this past weekend and saw plenty of high flying divers and mallards, and also had a flock of about 40 woodies come right in to the deeks. Won't forget that sight for the rest of my life. Got one green winger also. It's the best action i've seen around there since the opener. I'm up at school right now so I havn't been able to hunt down there that much, but do you know how the Rotenone treatment of Swan is coming along? Did they get it done the 24th like they said they were gonna?

From what I have seen this week the bird numbers are getting better. Last friday wasn't the greatest but they are starting to move down. This weekend should be better than last.

last weekend was the slowest so far, well at least saturday. But I did some scouting around and found some smaller potholes that were holding a ton of ducks compared to the lakes. So I'd do a little scouting around and try to find that honey hole. I've been seeing a lot more ducks as the days have'd passed this week!!

I talked to the DNR yesterday, they should be done as scheduled with the treatment.