Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

1st Please Post Your Fishing Report - Then Join the NEW - Private Fishing Report Clubs   01/24/2018

Private Fishing Report Clubs - Click Here - Post Your Fishing Report Before Joining
      1st, be sure you post a fishing report in the forums, then ask to join after you post a fishing report in your area forum. The Private Fishing Report Clubs are where folks can share private fishing information with club members who have proven they know what's going on. Fishing Report Clubs Link also in Menu above. Apply to become a member today, while it's still easy. 
  • RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
NAGORSKI

Red Wing dam

NAGORSKI

What's the good word in the Red Wing area? Are they catching any eyes or sauger by the dam or wing dams? I would geuss jiggin is the key now? Heading down on Sat. the 28th. for the last time out this year on the boat. Good luck. J.P.

bearplott

Last Thursday the sauger were hitting pretty well. I got mine on hair with meat, but I saw guys doing quite well on plastic as well. Blades were working for others. Guys are saying they are not suicidal yet, but the bite was pretty good.

Slayer

The bite at Red Wing is great from what I have heard. I have yet to try it though.

NAGORSKI

Thanks guys keep the info comming and I'll post some good results hopefully. Good Luck J.P.

hanson

Judging from the guys in the fish cleaning shack & the pails of entrails at Everts, the sauger fishing is pretty darn good down there right now. I was actually down there last night but we were targeting channel cats, and accidentally catching mud puppies. Weird!

NAGORSKI

Got on the water at about 11 am. on Sat. and headed up to the dam to rub paint with all the boats. My brother-in-law got a nice 16" sauger right away then nothing for a couple hours. Saw quite a few fish being caught then it slowed down. So we moved away from the crowd and marked fish in 17 feet of water. The key was not to move at all and get vertical. Pink or Chartruse hair jigs in 15-25 feet of water. We got into a few more and boated about 10 saugers and a couple eyes with 1 eye 18" and 1 sauger 20". Kept 7 for the table between 16-20". Not a bad day on the river.

Cbreeze

When you guys are using hair, what size are you using to keep it vertical? 1/4, 3/8???

Cbreeze

TrollerX

The wind was blowing down stream on Saturday. It took a 3/8 after sun up to stay vertical. If you had the anchor down (Which 37 people did) a 1/4 would do the trick. The fish were sitting in 3 spots on Saturday. You had to be willing to run paint in order to get at them. It was an ok bite but sure not what we are used to this time of year.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Alex wilhelmi
      Ok guys just a question not looking for places to go or tips. Just a question about the fish numbers. I've read multiple reviews that are good and bad, some say the Indians are over fishing it, others say all the sleeper houses are over fishing it. That and when the DNR does their number count. Walleye numbers are really low. Others say it's awesome fishing. But the bass and big walleye and Pike are eating all the young eyes. It's a huge lake it has to be good! Friend of mine went up with a portable Last weekend for the tournament and a 2.5 lb tullibee won the whole thing. And he didn't catch a thing. Long trip from Iowa to get beat down like that. I want to fish this lake so bad, with a portable or sleeper. But is it worth it? Fish numbers good or not? Thanks guys
    • Wanderer
      Yah, that lake is going to be crazy busier than normal this weekend. Another poster asked about rental wheelhouses a week or so ago and they were pointed toward C l I s t.  You could try that as well since they’re dealer based.
    • Sculpin
      Not sure who you have tried,  but it can be difficult as a result of the Perch Extravaganza. I have to believe somebody has a shack yet. I'll throw out some name's: Jerry Brandts,  Eddy Lybacks, Kevin McQuoids (Macs Twin Bay), Hunter Winfields, Dickies, Castaways, Agate Bay, Hunters Point, Barnacles, Red Door, Twin Pines, Garrison Sports, Rocky Reef, Appledorns, KJ's Ice fishing, Randys Rentals. Good Luck, hope you find a shack
    • Jim Almquist
      Tried to buy it last Friday and they were not available. System was down/messed up
    • eyeguy 54
      great reminder!  
    • LoonASea
      I fished out there last wednesday ,,, Launched out of Washburn and headed towards Houghton Pt ,,, Lots of current on the brakes to deeper water ,,, Ended up getting 2 splake and one whitefish ,, Marked lots of interested fish just didnt get hooked ,,, Hope to get back out there soon but now that we got snow Im gonna hit the snowmobile trails while it lasts   
    • Cliff Wagenbach
      I got this box from a friend this winter. Very well made and thought out design! Runs on a standard 12v flasher battery. Thought some of you may be interested in one! Check them out at www.facebook.com/Js12vpowerboxes/ Cliff  
    • Hoey
      Bumping this one up as a reminder - end of the month is not far away!!!  March 1st - you need a 2018 license.
    • Cliff Wagenbach
      nickeleye, Thanks for the report! Lookers but no biters seems to be the pattern the past couple of weeks. Common for this time of the winter on Vermilion! Cliff
    • Rick
      KABETOGAMA FISHING REPORT AND TRAIL CONDITIONS  2/20/2018 SNOW SNOW AND MORE SNOW!!!! So our forecasted 3-7 inches turned into about a foot of snow in the last 24 hours and its still coming down!  Needless to say the trails are being groomed and are in premier shape.  If you can get up here, the next couple weeks should be awesome riding around the entire area.  Always check with the Park Service and local snowmobile clubs for the latest conditions. On to fishing……the walleye bite has slowed some but with the warmer weather coming through the weekend we should rap up the walleye and pike season with a bang.  Right now, 30-34 ft over mud seems to be producing the best.  Casey form Reef Runner Rentals and Voyageur park lodge is starting to move his houses onto the mud in preparation for what should be a fantastic late season perch bite.  We have some monster jumbo perch on Kab and the fishing can be fast and furious!  And don’t forget about our great crappie fishing.  Rumor has it they are biting but you need to explore a little to find them.  Generally the area around Ash River is a great place to start. Snowmobiling and fishing aren’t the only activities to take advantage of in Voyageurs National Park right now.  Snow shoeing, cross country skiing, the park service sledding hill and skating rink are just a few things to keep you busy in our winter wonderland.  We also have winter camping for the brave ones! It is absolutely beautiful out there right now.  Load up the bus and come visit us in Gods country! Gateway General Store
  • Share & Have Fun