• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Deer - All Season

I was just curious as to what the All Season Deer permit entails?

Also, would you have to use say, for the bow season, use a bow? Or can you use a shotgun throughout the season?

Hey Web,

Where in White Water WMA do you hunt? The good thing about the All Season is that one can bang 3 deer from that area, with the bow or a combination of bow, shotgun, and/or muzzle loader.

Yes for the bow season you HAVE to use a bow. You can only use a shotgun during the specified shotgun season. It is just like buying a tag for each season. You can use a bow, shotgun/rifle(in appropriate zone) and muzzleloader during their respective seasons.

You cannot use a shotgun during the archery season - for example right now only archery is open you cannot use a shotgun or muzzleloader right now.

Oh, I've never hunted the white water wma area. I hunt down by the Minnesota / Iowa border. We've hunted that patch of land for the last 10 years laugh.gif

Quote:

Hey Web,

Where in White Water WMA do you hunt? The good thing about the All Season is that one can bang 3 deer from that area, with the bow or a combination of bow, shotgun, and/or muzzle loader.

Got it..Thanks for the explaination!

Quote:

Yes for the bow season you HAVE to use a bow. You can only use a shotgun during the specified shotgun season. It is just like buying a tag for each season. You can use a bow, shotgun/rifle(in appropriate zone) and muzzleloader during their respective seasons.

You cannot use a shotgun during the archery season - for example right now only archery is open you cannot use a shotgun or muzzleloader right now.

Web,

Must have mistaken you for someone else.

Iowa/Minnesota border... I've hunted near Calodonia (sp.) before. It is nice country down there and the bucks sport huge antlers.

IS THE ALL SEASON THE LISCENSE I WANT TO BUY IF I AM HUNTING THE REGULAR GUN SEASON AND THE MUZZY SEASON? I DONT BOW HUNT SO JUST WONDERING IF THERE WAS SOMETHING ELSE.

THANKS

Here's the official response

The all season license, which comes with three tags, one either sex tag and two antler less tags that allow you to take deer in any combination of archery, firearm and muzzle loader seasons. It is valid to use state wide for archery and muzzle loader season, and everywhere except during the 3 season for firearm. Bonus permits can also be purchased if available for the area you are hunting. You can use your shotgun only during the firearm season dates. Once those dates have past, you will need to use a bow, or wait until Muzzle loader season and use a muzzle loader or bow. A bow can be used from Sept 16 thru Dec 31st, but the firearm or muzzle loader can only be used during the open dates.

I don't know where that is but the county I hunt in is Fillmore County laugh.gif

Quote:

Web,

Must have mistaken you for someone else.

Iowa/Minnesota border... I've hunted near Calodonia (sp.) before. It is nice country down there and the bucks sport huge antlers.

If u want to hunt the firearms season and the muzzleloader then u need to buy the all season license. This is the only license u can do that with. If u buy a regular firearms license u will not be able to buy a muzzleloader license.

Filmore county... Been there too. I gave it up when a local complained about atv's and got the DNR to close the trail. BTW, the local is still riding his quad on the trail to this day. Go figure...

I have two buddies that takes huge bucks every year. It might be the fact that they sit from way before sun-up to way after sun-down.

Oh, you must be hunting a different area because the area I hunt, they have never allowed ATV laugh.gif

Quote:

Filmore county... Been there too. I gave it up when a local complained about atv's and got the DNR to close the trail. BTW, the local is still riding his quad on the trail to this day. Go figure...

I have two buddies that takes huge bucks every year. It might be the fact that they sit from way before sun-up to way after sun-down.

Maybe someone can tell me if I understand the all season permit correctly, It comes with three tags, only one can be a buck and you can only fill two of those tags in one particular season. If I shoot two antlerless in the gun season I can't take a buck with the gun but would have to take it with the bow or muzzleloader. I have read the regulations but it doesn't make sense to me. I will be hunting zone 2 in an intensive harvest area. Thanks in advance, Zent

Zent you should be able to shoot 1 buck and 2 does while bow hunting or gun season or muzzleloader and purchase 2 more doe tags.Any buck or doe tags that you don,t use you can use them for muzzleloader or bow.The 1 buck and 2 does can be from any zone that it is allowed.

zent, you are right. You may only use two of your tags in one particular season. but you may buy more antlerless tags if you are in an intensive harvest area.

You could use all three in a particular season. Two does and one buck. You are only allowed to tag two does, in a particular season, with the all season tag.

From the regs....

"To maximize opportunity, hunters should tag antlerless deer

with their antlerless only tags first. For example, if you kill two

antlerless deer in the firearm season, you should just use the

antlerless only tags. That way, you can still take a buck during

the firearm season or a deer of either sex in the muzzleloader or

archery season. Using the tags in this order will maximize the

number of antlerless deer you can take with this license."

Clear as a can be, isn't it..... smirk.gif

JEV

Quote:

You could use all three in a particular season. Two does and one buck. You are only allowed to tag two does, in a particular season, with the all season tag.

From the regs....

"To maximize opportunity, hunters should tag antlerless deer

with their antlerless only tags first. For example, if you kill two

antlerless deer in the firearm season, you should just use the

antlerless only tags. That way, you can still take a buck during

the firearm season or a deer of either sex in the muzzleloader or

archery season. Using the tags in this order will maximize the

number of antlerless deer you can take with this license."

Clear as a can be, isn't it.....
smirk.gif

JEV

JEV is right. You can't kill 3 antlerless deer in any ONE season. You CAN kill three in any one season but one'll have to be a buck. If you want to take 3 antlerless deer, you'll have to do it in more than one season. Don't ask me why the laws says what it says, it just does. Hopefully, it'll be changed for next year.

That would be just with the all season license. If the intensive harvest tags are available in the area you're hunting you could technically shoot 4 anterless in any one season, since you could have two more of those, assuming you haven't used any in a prior season.

Thanks for the help, I'm an old hard headed German. Sometimes it takes a while to sink in but once it does it's there for good.

Zent

Great thread. that 3 deer thing is news to me.

Anyway, since I haven't had my lawyer go over the license rules with me yet this year, can someone explain the "MULTI-ZONE BUCK" tag?

Quote:

That would be just with the all season license. If the intensive harvest tags are available in the area you're hunting you could technically shoot 4 anterless in any one season, since you could have two more of those, assuming you haven't used any in a prior season.

If you buy a regular firearms license and are in an intensive harvest area, could you not tag 4 antlerless deer with extra tags AND tag an antlerless deer with your regular tags? for a total of 5.