• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Where are the deer?

Dahitman44

Fire --

Glyndon, eh? Just down the road.

Yeah, it seems like I am always hunting the wrong thing at the wrong time. Kicked up a ton of birds bow hunting the I try to find them again and no luck.

Went out this weekend, called in two nice bucks, they are responding well to rattling and calling. First buck entered a hayfield 75 yards away. I grunted him within 20 yards, MISS, but it was dusk and hard to see the peep, so oh well. Sunday morning cold and calm, rattled for three minutes with a bag, grunted a number of times and had another nice buck walk in. See I CANT BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!!! post for that story. Anyway, the does are really skittish, but the bucks are on the prowl, now is the time. Get out if you can.

Hitman,

Ya, moved back here a few years ago from So. Dak. I sure do miss it down there.

But on the positive side, I actually went out last night and seen 8 deer, the most Ive seen all year. This was cool cuz I had my 7 y/o daughter along and she thought it was pretty neat. No bucks, all does and fawns, but thats OK, seen alot of rubs and scrapes, so I know they are out there. Sounds like Wed might be the day to pull an all day sit, after this cold front rolls through, it might get the bucks fired up.