Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

  • Announcements

    • Rick

      1st Please Post Your Fishing Report - Then Join the NEW - Private Fishing Report Clubs   01/24/2018

      Private Fishing Report Clubs - Click Here - Post Your Fishing Report Before Joining
      1st, be sure you post a fishing report in the forums, then ask to join after you post a fishing report in your area forum. The Private Fishing Report Clubs are where folks can share private fishing information with club members who have proven they know what's going on. Fishing Report Clubs Link also in Menu above. Apply to become a member today, while it's still easy. 
  • RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

    You know what we all love...

    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Guest

Holy Mule Dear Batman!

Recommended Posts

Guest

So I took my SBE II to the gun range today to do some sight-ins. 1st shot, I didn't expect the kick back and WHAM! The Holosight smacks me right in the nose. Took off a good amount of skin on the bridge of me nose. OUCH, I was all blurry eye and all. crazy.gif With the SBE II and Hornady SST 300 grain slugs, that thing kicks worse then a mule dear on a rute!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Deitz Dittrich

Come on webbie, your always good for a picture... lets see the snoot.

I used to work in a sporting goods store in northern MN.. and always loved all the black eyes the week or 2 before deer season!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

Ok, Ok, I will take it later and show it to you guys

grin.gif

Quote:

Come on webbie, your always good for a picture... lets see the snoot.

I used to work in a sporting goods store in northern MN.. and always loved all the black eyes the week or 2 before deer season!


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fishermn

Deitz, where did ya work? just curious...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Deitz Dittrich

While in college I was one of the evening managers at Kobilkas Sporting goods in Bemidji.. I worked there for about 4 years..91-95?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

Quote:

Come on webbie, your always good for a picture... lets see the snoot.


Ok, here it is grin.gif

nose.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
David Frank

OUCH!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jeremiah Johnson

ouch indeed!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hanson

Uff Da!

Slugs are not much fun IMO.

I started out shooting slugs with a 20 gauge when I was about 16 and that was no fun. Heck of a way to develop a flinch when shooting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Deitz Dittrich

Tis but a flesh wound...

I was expecting worse, but then again, any nose shot hurts like...

Just remember webbie.. chicks dig scars... or so I hear? cool.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

I've been hunting for the last 5 years with a youth model 20gauge.. Thats one upgrade going from youth 20 gauge to SBE II 12 guauge! haha When sighting in the gun, my should was so sore, my brother had to sight it in for me.. haha

Quote:

Uff Da!

Slugs are not much fun IMO.

I started out shooting slugs with a 20 gauge when I was about 16 and that was no fun. Heck of a way to develop a flinch when shooting.


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

yeah, I was seeing stars for a bit because it hit right on the bridge and not the cartilidge.. haha

Quote:

Tis but a flesh wound...

I was expecting worse, but then again, any nose shot hurts like...

Just remember webbie.. chicks dig scars... or so I hear?
cool.gif


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tyler Holm

YIKES and YOWSERS!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jlm

Hey, it just means that you relax when you shoot....oh ah, you used to relax when you shoot grin.gif Gun shy at all now? No worries, it happens to the best of us, I have been caught several times! Be proud of your fresh scope burn, you earned it wink.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

Not too gun shy, but I will have that thought of the recoil in the back of my mind.. lol.. So that means, I better make the 1st shot count laugh.gif

Quote:

Hey, it just means that you relax when you shoot....oh ah, you used to relax when you shoot
grin.gif
Gun shy at all now? No worries, it happens to the best of us, I have been caught several times! Be proud of your fresh scope burn, you earned it
wink.gif


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
iffwalleyes

That sounds about like a guy that is used to shooting a .223 getting ahold of a .300 Mag. Scope eye for sure for that boy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bubbadust

I have a scar between my eyes that required stictches from the first time I shot my dad's scoped 30.06. Ouch!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

I was told that the Bolt Action 30.06 has more kick back then the Auto's

Quote:

I have a scar between my eyes that required stictches from the first time I shot my dad's scoped 30.06. Ouch!!!


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
iffwalleyes

Quote:

I was told that the Bolt Action 30.06 has more kick back then the Auto's

Quote:

I have a scar between my eyes that required stictches from the first time I shot my dad's scoped 30.06. Ouch!!!



That is generally the case anything with a auto action part of the action works buy absorbing the impact of the recoil with a bolt, pump, lever or fix there is no room for the recoil to go but directly into your shoulder so yes a auto will have less kick than others. However a bolt will tend to be more accurate than an auto loader though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

I'd like to try a 30.06 once.. But we don't ever hunt up north so I've never had the chance to. The one time we went north for bear hunting, our tires were slashed so we avoided going up north. And I don't want to go into Wisconsin.. haha

Quote:

That is generally the case anything with a auto action part of the action works buy absorbing the impact of the recoil with a bolt, pump, lever or fix there is no room for the recoil to go but directly into your shoulder so yes a auto will have less kick than others. However a bolt will tend to be more accurate than an auto loader though.


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  



  • Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

    • Rick
      If you post a fishing report in here, be sure to request to join the Private St Cloud Area Fishing Reports Club where the really good stuff is going to be shared. When we hit 10 members we will be making decisions on how we will limit access to ensure high quality fishing reports in the St Cloud Area Fishing Reports Club. Click Here and request to Join if you have posted a fishing report in the St Cloud Area Forum. Have Fun
    • Tom Sawyer
         Couple from prospecting some virgin ice, not a hole in site. Mission accomplished!         .....
    • Borch
      Just got off the ice and there were several cars driving around.  We ended up with 1-2 inches. We found a few willing cats today.   Enough to get a head start for the fish fry.  Keep posted as we did not find much for cats in the methhole area.
    • Walleye Inn
      sounds great. I hope everyone had fun great job Hoey red lake was slpw Saturday kept 2  
    • AlwaysFishing23
      I agree. With ice that only leaves foot or two max of water fish are either extremely stressed or it already winter killed. Sounds like a real nice spring gill lake though. Defiantly would try it again this winter and as other stated drill lots of holes. Good Luck!
    • eyeguy 54
      popped out for a couple hours this afternoon. first fish was this nice gill. last fish was a bit smaller. brought a nice northern home to fry up.  bite was a lot slower today than what it has been. my wiggle must have been off a bit. LOL 
    • JBMasterAngler
      Considering the lake is only 5 ft deep, the fish are probably stressed out. Once things start melting, and oxygen starts pouring back in, the fish should really turn on. It’s possible the lake may have winter killed though.
    • cat44
      We have Hoey, but it's easier to go off the Warroad access to get to where we normally go.
    • Rick
      Nice video. Thank you @papadarv NOTE:We will be updating the forums and all videos uploaded here will go straight to a player that folks can just click and watch instead of downloading and watching.
    • papadarv
      Out Saturday afternoon doing some sight fishing with my camera on one of Chisago County lakes. Water was a bit dirty and with 26 inches of ice camera clarity was a bit lacking. Did get some nice video of the afternoon. Battery augers failed after a couple of holes so went with the Eskimo gas. Lots of fish above the weeds in 10 FOW.  EazyCam site fishingHB.mp4
  • Share & Have Fun