Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sandmannd

Hittin' the water Wednesday

4 posts in this topic

Any word on the bite so far? I'm putting in at the bluffs. Walli1, if you see this, do you think the spots we fished will be good tomorrow around 9 or so? I don't have time to run up and get some redtails. We are going out with minners and probably grab some suckers. Just plan on jiggin'. I'll give a report when I get back tomorrow night. If the bites slow I will probably pull out and hit a metro lake.

Hey Sandmannd, You know that area I took you to and caught those fish, find that tip and work that steep drop, I sent a friend down that way yesterday with the gps spot and he did really well using gold jigs tipped with a fathead, if you see a red skeeter with a WI in the front, say hi to Jim he lives in hudson, he usually fishes around the 94 bridge area, we trade spots and info. I'm hooking up with him this saturday morning for fun and fishing, can't wait! grin.gif

Hope you had good luck Sandman

Went out on the bluffs launch at 11AM. No luck, didn't even track any fish. Saw some bait fish but that's it. I couldn't find the steep drop, trolled looking though. Good news is my new boat is waaaaaay better than the last one. I now have a 16.5 foot Alumagraft Navigater with a 75hp Merc on the back. The other good news is Blue Ribbon bait has Redtails!!! Tried redtail on a snell and also jiggin fatheads. Couple of small bites, but no fish. We were out for 4 hours. Maybe wrong time of day. Anyway, I'll just have to try again.