Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tearin' lips

Is Black Bay Froze Yet.

5 posts in this topic

Could ya guys help a college kid out and tell me if there has been any ice on Black Bay. I see that Captjohn encountered some in Rice Bay. Looking to come up this weekend and set deer stands, but Saturday morning I want to get out and do some late season duck hunting. Is there any birds still flying around. Any info would be great!

Take Care Guys!!

HI T.L.,

I THINK YOUR SAFE, AND I DON'T THINK B.B. IS FROZE OVER YET, SUPPOSED TO GET CLOSE TO 50 TODAY. IM GOING WITH UFFDA, MR. WALLEYE(J.R.), AND TOM WORTH TODAY...FISHING THE LAKE.

SINCERELY,

FISHMEISTER

JIM CALLED & ASKED IF WE WANTED TO GO, PRETTY HARD TURNING DOWN A CHANCE TO FISH WITH THE LEGEND. DO BELEIVE THIS IS THE LAST HURRAH!

I saw a few ducks flying around the last couple days. Don't really pay much attention though as I am usually looking at the GPS or depth finder.

Went looking for ducks north of causeway and rice bay area this afternoon. Most of the bays frozen a few ducks around but not realy anything like there was last week. Will be tough hunting at best.

We were duck hunting last weekend on the Canada side just north from Black Bay and had a good morning shoot. On Sunday we did have ice around the edges of the marsh but not too much. Still quite a few mallards around to our surprise. It was our first time trying for ducks on Rainy and I think we will try again next year. We fished in the afternoons with limited luck. Did better on the Northerns than the walleyes.

Good luck this weekend!