Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Benfishin

Anybody fishing Gull?

2 posts in this topic

Heading up this weekend for one last hurrah. Anybody been out on Gull? Was up a couple weeks ago and we found the fish real deep., 40-50 feet. Any new reports?

A few fish are still being caught but it seems to be slowing a little each day. Most fish are being caught in deeper water 30-50 feet, jigs or rigs and redtails. There haven't been many boats out chasing eyes, most anglers have started hunting and yard work. The best activity has been a couple of hours right away in the morning and a couple again before dark in the evening, similar to ice fishing. That is typical for this time of the year. Good luck!

Jason Erlandson

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• DLD24
      My last trip to Mille Lacs I lost a big eye right before I saw it with the jiggin rap...Then 10 minutes later I hooked a 28.5" eye and that was the most scared I've been fighting a fish lol... Every head shake I was darn near dropping my rod tip in the water lol.
    • monstermoose78
      What kind of hand auger and shape is it in
    • LBerquist
      Heard island lake was a hot spot. Any lure that resembles a small foot should work well.
    • going4it
      I'd go with 112 if you have the room more power and I believe last longer on the water. I pilot is worth it. Spot lock to fan cast an area or to stay outside the dock that you just got broke off of are two benifits. I pilot link links up with your hummingbird unit if that's what you have for a depth finder. Let's you follow depth contours. Good luck with the purchases 
    • ANYFISH2
      sure odd to see the timberwolves mentioned in trade possibilities with the likes of a Kyrie Irving.
    • ANYFISH2
      I just dont believe that to be a Esox bite at all. Too much space between the Major wounds, IMHO!
    • delcecchi
      That is a strong possibility...
    • Hoey
      Here is a photo of the foot.  Looks like a toothy gator.  
    • BringAnExtension
      http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2017/07/21/fish-injury-island-lake/   DULUTH, Minn. (AP) — An 11-year-old girl has undergone surgery to repair damage to her foot which might have been caused by a fish in a northeastern Minnesota lake. Maren Kesselhon suffered nine deep lacerations and tendon damage when she was injured while sitting on a paddleboard on Island Lake north of Duluth Wednesday. Maren’s dad, Ryan Kesselhorn, says his daughter told him she could feel her foot in the mouth of a fish and kicked at it with her other foot to free herself. The Dickinson Press reports doctors at Essentia Health, where Maren had surgery, say the razor-sharp cuts, some down to the bone, probably were caused by a fish. Island Lake is home to large muskies and northern pike. A Duluth fisherman caught and released a 47-inch long muskie Wednesday.
    • RoosterMan
      Captain Acorn, I fish Jiggin Raps quite a bit on Vermilion, have for several years now.  I Cast em, fish them vertical and move around and cover ground at a good pace with them.  I am not sure there is any key to getting snagged less, other than knowing your spots. They are certainly an effective and a great way to catch fish.  I personally do not remove either the front or the back hook.  Believe me if you fish these your going to donate a few to the depths, just part of the game.    Good luck! - Roosterman