Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Surface Tension

IceRise

13 posts in this topic

A cold clear night gave way to a sunrise with ice.

ice%20rise.jpg

Won't be much longer.

Not everyone is happy about it. grin.gif Going out for the last hurrah on Sag today. That just might do it for the season as the ice is forming on my lake in the shallow bays. I was hoping to get in at least one day of fishing in November. smirk.gif

That picture made my day. I have been following the weather near Grand Marais just hoping that it would stay cool enough to make ice. It looks like my wish may come true. I just love the first ice walleyes.

B-E-A-U-Tiful!

Can't wait.

As much as I enjoy Ice fishing I just ain't ready for this yet.

But that is a awesome picture smile.gif

Great picture! Went by robinson up by ely 1130 this morning complete ice. Good to see it.

Awesome pic. Which lake was it?

Looks kind of like Caribou Lake off of Caribou lake rd, just a guess.

I wouldn't mind some 70 degree days myself.

Capt.Blaine. it is the facing east grin.gif but on Long Lake in Twig.

Well, it was just a shot in the dark. Looks like the landing on caribou on the other shore. I didnt even think about facing east.

Nice picture by the way. I wouldn’t mind having some good ice right after deer season.

Long lake is private correct?

I just looked at my new St. Louis County fishing map guide, by Sportsman’s Connection. And from Caribou lake rd that would be facing north. I was way off. shocked.gif

Speaking of the fishing map guide. This updated book is great, allot of great information. Also a little more detail than the last version. It has even more information and tips from tackle shop owners and guides on specific lakes. I can’t forget to mention, updated stocking information too. I would recommend this guide to any one from beginners to the pro's.

Yes Long is a private lake. No fish in there either. wink.gif

You must be talking about the new Sportsman's Connection map books. Your right they are great books. I have an old one and was looking at their site the other day. Updated books and with 170 lake maps for St Louis county plus lake information. I use the Navionics chip in my H20c but still find the Sportsman's Connection book useful. You can see them here. Sportsman's Connection

Frank this new book is great I have one I like it smile.gifsmirk.gif.