Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FRESHWATER PETIE

lower south long?

1 post in this topic

Any good reports coming off of Lower South Long lake ?

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Buzzbait Brad Ohio
      Thanks for having me Minnesota. I wasn't able to float the Ottertail river but I did fish the lake every morning. Most fish the first 3 days came on top water whopper plopper. The last day, the water temperature heated up to almost 80 so I changed it up a little bit and fished deep water 10-20 feet and caught fish deep. Here's some of the better fish from this week. The fishing up here is great. Can't wait to make it back. 
    • ZachD
      Nice job I will be out on Sat in the boat
    • hitthebricks
      Sounds like my problem, Thanks  
    • JBMasterAngler
      Small minnow raps, #2 mepps spinners, small spoons. Don't need anything else.
    • curt quesnell
      What a great day jigging out in the mud. Little or no wind all day and it was pretty warm but fish were active, biting and large. A big change came yesterday on my close by spots that threw me for a loop but the fish a few miles away seem unphased. I will say it again a great day!
    • monstermoose78
      Thanks for the advice Dave  I dont let Finn fetch on check cord any more. I only used it when he was a pup
    • Cliff Wagenbach
      There are public beaches at both Hoodoo Point in Tower and McKinley Park in Soudan. Cliff
    • leech~~
      In the summer they seem to be about 20' feet down over 50'-80' feet of water. We trolled small raps with what ever would get it down there. I also had down riggers to use.  You could try some deep hook and slip bobbers with a worm in some of the deeper bays to see if they will take it?  Good luck.
    • MinDak Hunter
      I have a bait/rigging question. The kids and I were out on Big Watab chasing a suntan and when I told them that the lake has trout they wanted to try for them but I mostly fish sunnies and crappies. What would I need to get to fish for trout out there? Looking back in the forums I see that some guys use leadcore (I'm not buying new rod/reels) and some use bobbers. Any advice on a common bobber set up? Also, I have an "active" 10 year old so it seems that jigging works best to keep him busy, any advice on jigging for trout?
    • fishingtime13
      Update! Water is way down! But I was able to get a smallmouth with a topwater plug.  And a catfish broke my leader off a  worm, was very confused. Going again tomorrow